Friday, January 7, 2022

2022 Quilt List

 With the exception of hand stitching a little binding, I can't even remember the last time I sat down to sew. I've had to shake the quilting cobwebs out of my head the last few days and figure out where I left off before Thanksgiving. 

Then I really had to spend some time digging through project bins to see what I might want to work on this year. I'm feeling pretty spoiled that I have so many options. It doesn't bother me to have UFO's, but I'm hoping to whittle them down a bit. I started a few of these last year, but most of them are a little more seasoned than that. 😉

1. Biscuits & Gravy - this one is back from Jackie and I just finished binding it a few days ago so post coming soon - just need to snap some photos.

                             

2. Jellystone - I got this one back from Jackie in November and I'm currently binding it.    

              

3. I Spy - I spent quite a bit of time collecting novelty fabrics for an I Spy quilt last year and even more time looking at layout ideas online. I have yet to settle on one, but that needs to happen so I can move forward with this project.


4. Plaid Tail Feathers - this one is pieced but I need to select a backing and make the binding


5. HST Chaos - this was on last year's list - I made the backing, pressed it and handed it off to Jackie


6. Lincoln 16-Patch -  I've tried to focus on using jelly rolls that have been sitting around for a long time and this one used up two. I started out last year with completed blocks and managed to make the binding, piece the top and back and hand it off to Jackie. 


7. Black & Pink Floral Spring Splash - No progress was made on this one last year so it too is added here. It needs a back and binding.


8. Scrap Dance Waltz - This one is waiting at Jackie's too


9. Plus A Nine Patch - I matched this with a backing and handed it off to Jackie


10. Pinwheel Garden - Another that now has a backing and is in line at Jackie's.

11. Sweet Menagerie - This is a Moda Bakeshop Jelly Roll pattern that is also at Jackie's. I feel guilty taking her any more.

12. Farmers Market - I need to piece a backing and make binding for this one


13.  Baby Sails -  This one is rolling over from last year. I just need to make the little sail boats and I set the bin next to my sewing machine so this will be the first project of the new year.


14. Posh Pumpkins - another jelly roll quilt that needs a backing and binding before I pass it on for quilting.


15. Winter Blues - In my attempt to whittle down my collection of blue fabrics enough that the lid will fit, I started piecing a few blocks for this Bonnie Hunter quilt. I've got a long way to go on this one.


16. Follow Your Heart - I bought this kit 5 or 6 years ago and I'd like to have a finished quilt by the end of the year, but I haven't even cut into the fabric yet.


I like having a list to work from and everything on this list is subject to change on a whim but this gives me a good place to start. 

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

All very pretty quilts and starts. Happy stitching in 2022!

Cheryl Seaman said...

I just wanted to drop a line to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! I rarely comment but I check daily. Like I don't have enough quilt projects of my own but I fell in love with Follow Your Heart and ordered the pattern. The Little Sails is cute too but I'm resisting!

Shelly said...

If you get all those back from Jackie, you'll have a stellar number of finishes this year! You're off to a great start!

Carol said...

all are great projects that I will look forward to seeing, I'm particularly interested in the HST Chaos and don't remember seeing it before so will look back in your blog. Looks like a fun one.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

You willl be able to keep busy and make some people very happy with your finished quilts. I am trying to use up fabrics, so I’ve gone to the scrappy side. Hope your New Year quilt finishes come to fruition!!! From the cold and drizzly hills of Arkansas!!

Unknown said...

I want to say how much I have enjoyed your blog. I was partly raised on my Uncles farm when I was just a little. Now into my seventies. I have a large ufo pile needing backings. A round 12 tops. Most are for charity but backing fabric has gotten so expensive that they have sat. Your post mentions that you need to make backings. Could you elaborate on how you do that. Thank you. Margaret Lancaster

Anonymous said...

Inspiring! Your blog is my favorite read on the computer. I need to get up off my rear and get some UFOs finished that are getting older each day. Thanks for sharing your life/quilts.

Unknown said...

Your quilts are so lovely. I have made many I Spy quilts. The pattern I have used most often is a self sashing D9P. I found it on the blog of Jos Country Junction. Happy Sewing!

Chantal said...

Lots of binding in perspective when Jackie brings back all those quilts. Lovely parade of quilts in here. I enjoyed it. Here's to many more quilts in the new year. Enjoy! ;^)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...