Saturday, September 30, 2023

Under the Needle: September

 I've severely neglected my Under the Needle posts. The days, weeks, and months are flying by and I am falling behind. I stitch when I can so progress is being made, but some days I feel as if I'm spinning my wheels. I finished this quilt for our grandson who will be arriving soon...we're counting the days!

 (Insert photo of old lady jumping up and down while clapping hands in eager anticipation)

Earlier this month I made 4 sets of potholders


And 20 Happy Blocks for a compassion quilt drive over at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework

I'm currently binding a quilt I picked up from Jackie a few weeks ago

I finished piecing my Songbook quilt top... all the blocks were made so I just stitched them into a top. I don't have anything large enough for a backing here, but I think I found something online so this one will be in line for quilting

I made bindings for 4 quilts (2 are at Jackie's and 2 are here - waiting their turn) and have one more to make

Next up is a quilt for our boy and his family. We've settled on a loose color scheme and I found this wide backing that fits the bill perfectly

So I'm pulling fabrics from my stash and hope to begin cutting as soon as I settle on a pattern.

Most of this progress was made the first 2 weeks of the month and the way things are stacking up, there may not be another Under the Needle Post until January. 😉

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...