Saturday, October 7, 2023

The Perfect Way to Begin October

 October is promising to be a wild ride, but it started out in the best way possible...our girl came home for a visit!

Her job allows her to work remotely part of the time. She was missing her Daddy and wanted to come home one more time before Baby W arrived and we couldn't have been more thrilled! Unfortunately Kenny couldn't make it as it was opening day for the deer season bow hunt and he works for the Oklahoma Wildlife Department. I sent her home with Buckaroo Bundles to let him know he was missed.

Sweet girl brought her Mama a beautiful bouquet of flowers

That afternoon, DH and I stopped at a farm to pick up our annual green chile supply. Tis' the season!

And our girl got home the same time we did so I had a co-pilot in the kitchen which I love as we got the chiles put up (older photos)

...and Skeet was our Quality Control CEO (love this fun shot our girl captured!)

I sent some home with her because the worst thing about not living in NM is not having access to fresh green chile! Grin.

We made Oompa Loompa Bread (aka: Pumpkin Bread)

and homemade chicken strips with Asian Salad

One day I worked up a sweat dragging out 4 big tubs of children's books from the dark corners of the closet for her to wade through. 

I kept them all and now it's time to pass them on to the grandkids! I also pulled out a tub of baby clothes and found a treasure!

This was my teddy bear when I was a baby. It's a Steiff brand and he's about 16" and I've been looking for him for years. When my mom got sick I dug through her entire house and she kept saying she had no idea where he might be. My parents were super-organized, but no bear. So apparently he's been hiding in this bin in OUR house for 25+ years! I found him Mom! I may have gotten a little misty eyed.

And we caught up on life...in person. We talk a lot, but it's hard to beat a good visit face to face.

 She wanted to tag along with her daddy but the roads were too wet and he had to get around in the Ranger and he was afraid to take her on those rough roads while she was 8 months pregnant. 

She was sweet to catch up on the quilting part of my life and fell in love with the Songbook quilt so it has officially been claimed once I finish it. Baby quilts were also talked about...baby needs a fishing quilt...a baseball quilt...a cowboy quilt...a lake boat quilt...a camping quilt... 😊

She also told me that Kenny would love a quilt and he's a huge Texas Longhorn fan so I see a Longhorn quilt in my future. Just so you know - DH and I are Texas A&M Alums and back in the day that was the biggest Rivalry in Texas. However, I love Kenny and it may put my diploma in jeopardy, but I WILL make him a quilt!

Lots going on around here at the moment and a visit from our girl was so good for the soul!

8 comments:

loraine everard said...

How lovely! Just spent some quality time with our girl too, she came home for my birthday. Bliss.xx

Mary said...

I'm an avid Longhorn fan, but last weekend I got a walking tour of the A&M campus led by my grandson who is a student there!

Violet said...

What a sweet way to start my day...thank you.

Donna said...

Sorry I haven’t commented in a long while. Sometimes my phone lets me and sometimes it doesn’t! So happy your daughter came home for a visit. The visits will definitely be different with a new baby. How exciting for your family! Love the picture of Skeet! How much fun to make all those baby quilts for the new grand baby!

Sherrill said...

Looka likw lots of good times were had by all!! I lived in Okla. City for 20 years (my 'formative' years..HA) but have spent over twice that time in TX. I love Texas way more but I still root for my OU Sooners (and they beat the heck outta TX today--WOOHOO).

RuthW in MD said...

4 bins of childhood books?!?!? I had 5 bins, and the contents of 4 of them were claimed by our 7 kids. So I only have a partially filled bin left. How fun for your daughter to go through your bins and choose out the ones she wanted. What a beautiful bear! Blessings on the upcoming birth!

Joy in NW Iowa said...

So nice your daughter washome! My daughter only Iives about 20 minutes from me, but she teaches ful time and is busy busy! So we don’t see much of each other. Talk a lot but not face to face which is best!

Chris said...

Nothing better than good visits with a daughter. Mine had a birthday yesterday and it was a blessing to be able to bake her birthday cake yet again and celebrate with her and her family. And baby snuggles are coming your way--so special! Oh how you'll love that little guy! (I know from experience; we have four grandsons.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...