Friday, October 27, 2023

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

 I was trying to compile a different cookie post and realized I haven't shared this favorite. I don't know where I found this one - I just have a note on my recipe card that says 2006. It's not from a friend or I would have noted that so it's probably from Taste of Home.

We've got a farrier / friend coming by today to shoe a few horses so he gets these today. Least I can do is treat him to cookies for the drive home. DH has always shod his own horses, but he had a colt fall with him a few weeks ago and I suggested he call Olin. DH will be 62 in December and we don't heal as quickly as we did when we were 20...or 30...or 40...or even 50. I was surprised when he acquiesced.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C unsalted butter, softened

1 1/2 C packed brown sugar

1/2 C sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2/3 C peanut butter

2 eggs

1  1/2 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 C flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 C chocolate chips

*Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and peanut butter in a large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda - mix into batter to form dough. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop out onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

                        

                                

The last time I made these, I handed them out to the County Road Grader. He looked so surprised and said, "You MADE these? For ME"? LOL...yes, sir...I did. Cookies are so easy to make and they're a pretty nice way to brighten someone's day.

2 comments:

Donna said...

The cookies look yummy! Who wouldn’t like a homemade cookie! What a thoughtful surprise!

Sue Swank said...

These sound like yummy cookies. I'm going to try them. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...