Monday, October 23, 2023

Loaded Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies

I found this recipe online a few years ago HERE and it became an instant favorite. I bake a lot of cookies around here. When you're on the go, portable snacks come in handy and even though we live 25 miles from town (in fact this is the closest we've lived to town since we married in 1987), seems like a lot of folks end up at the end of the dirt road. 😉County road graters, brand inspectors, vets, feed delivery truckers, hay delivery workers, UPS and Fed-ex drivers, cow buyers, people who are lost, the crew when we work, whoever lives at North Camp...and sending them off with a bag of cookies is what I do. So, I like to keep a good tried and true collection of cookie recipes in my repertoire. I used to try and keep some in the freezer, and sometimes I still do, but they don't stay there long because it seems a need always arises. 

    We shipped calves this week and this new crew kind of eats on the fly. I made these, along with burritos on Monday and figured I'd share the recipe here. It's a keeper!


Loaded Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies

2 1/2 C flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 C butter, softened

1 C packed brown sugar

1/2 c sugar

2 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

10 oz Butterscotch chips

2 C chopped pecans (and yes, you can toast the pecans, but I usually don't)

2/3 c English Toffee bits

*Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs, beating everything together until well combined. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Stir in butterscotch chips, pecans, and toffee bits. Cover and chill for 1 hr. Scoop out and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Just printed off the recipe, butterscotch chips were already on the list and I've added the toffee chips. They sound delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum! As hot as it gets there I admire your dedication to cookie baking!

Ceci

Shepherdess55 said...

Oh, these look so good. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Violet said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get lost at the end of your dirt road...have those cookies ready!

Anonymous said...

Could mention how many the recipe makes? Dotti in CT

Anonymous said...

Made these & took a few to an elderly neighbor recently released from the hospital. My cookie recipe file is small but I’ll be making them again. Cookies are better for me because they freeze in bags & easy to pull out to send home with someone. Love my KitchenAid mixer. (retirement gift to self)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...