Friday, April 19, 2024

Adventure Lies Ahead Quilt

 Last year our boy and his sweet wife requested a couch quilt and when I saw this wide back print in September, it became my inspiration fabric and I built the quilt around it


I pulled coordinating fabrics from my stash (one of my favorite parts of the quilting process)

                              

And cut everything after settling on a pattern: a simple 9" framed square block

                                          

Jackie and Sandy quilted it using a wheat colored thread with a design called Whisper

And I pulled this brown for the binding from my stash

                                

I know a lot of folks don't like brown, but I think it adds so much warmth to a quilt

I used a 9 x 10 block layout for a 76" x 85" quilt


We're still waiting on rain - the trees (and mesquite) are the only green anywhere

I'm just tickled with the way the fabrics from my stash and the backing worked together

I'm excited to gift this!

Skeet says a quilt made with love makes the best gift


8 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely quilt, the fabrics are beautiful.

Sherrill said...

That really turned out beautiful and that backing is fantastic!! Always love seeing little Skeet--such a great pup.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The blocks are very nice, the pieced backing is awesome! Happy stitching!

Donna said...

Your quilt looks wonderful; great backing fabric too! Your son and his family will love it! I think pulling fabrics for a quilt is so stressful for me! My friend who is so good with fabrics pulled and bagged fabrics that went together for me. It’s been a real blessing. Skeet is such a sweetie. Hope you get rain soon!

Ronda said...

Love this!

cityquilter grace said...

isn't it great when serendipity works out well? lovely quilt...i predict it will get lots of use...

Lindah said...

All the parts work together so beautifully...the backing, the block pattern and colors, the quilting pattern. Delightful!

Betty said...

I love all those fabrics and your quilt is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...