Thursday, April 25, 2024

The "Corn" Quilt

 This is just a fun little quilt I made for our granddaughter for her birthday. She's crazy about Unicorns and calls them 'Corns' and thus the perfect opportunity to use this fabric was created. I didn't have any ideas past that so I just cut the panel squares and pulled coordinating fabrics from my stash and let that set on the design bed for a while, waiting for inspiration...

Sigh. Pinwheels kept sweeping in and I continued to wait for different inspiration...I feel as if I make a lot of quilts with pinwheels, but I finally gave in...

Pinwheels seemed to fit the essence of this whimsical quilt - they pair well with 'Corns'. ๐Ÿ˜‰

This isn't a very big quilt because I wanted it to be portable and a big quilt isn't very portable when you are 3 so it just finishes at 42" x 42"

Sandy quilted it with this sweet design called  Billowy and I used a pink from my stash for the binding.

 I backed it with this fabric that I had long before grandchildren arrived because I knew it would be needed one day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And now it is packed and about to embark on grand adventures!



6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your granddaughter will love this quilt, it's so cute!

Robin said...

The pinwheels are perfect. I love everthing about this bright and cheery quilt made with love for your granddaughter.

Jenny said...

That's a lovely little quilt. I've recently used that panel and made a pretty unicorn quilt for a friend's great granddaughter who also loves unicorns.

Lindah said...

I like pinwheels... they can be whirligigs or peppermint candy or... you name it. They are happy. A happy little quilt for a happy little girl.
BTW, a comment re: yesterday's post... I stumbled onto your blog when you were on your Zimbabwe trip. I've been here ever since and enjoying it so much. Need my ranch fix whenever it is available. I like your herd of "odd fellows." "My what big ears you have," said grandma to the wolf. :-)

cityquilter grace said...

so perfectly pink and purple...any little girl's delight

Chris said...

So fun! I bought girly things before I had grandchilden, too, and then it turned out that I only have grandsons!! The girly stuff is now going to my brother's granddaughters, although he had to wait through some grandsons to finally get a girl. Between us we have nine grandsons and he got three granddaughters! Congratulations you having both already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...