Friday, May 10, 2024

Italian Pasta Salad

 Yesterday morning I had to make a quick trip into town to pick up packages from the post office and chairs and tables from Sam's

I timed it so I could grab a roasted chicken. While everything else is increasing in price, I appreciate that Sam's has left their roasted chicken at $5.00 and their chickens are huge. 

DH and I get 3 meals out of them. And yesterday I made this pasta salad to go with it. When I was in Texas, tending to my mom's estate and cleaning out the house, the lady that cut her hair for over 40 years, brought this to me and I loved it. It's so good, fast to throw together, and the perfect addition to a roasted chicken.

Italian Pasta Salad

1 box tri-colored Rotini

broccoli 

cauliflower 

cheddar cheese, cubed

pepperoni

red onion

Zesty Italian Salad Dressing 

*Boil pasta. Rinse and cool. Mix in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 hour. You can throw anything in here. Like olives? Toss a few in. Need to use those salad peppers? Perfect! A homemade dressing would be good too, but this is what she used and what I had. 

This is the pasta I like to use

I love all the colors in this salad

And yes, we used paper plates. 

This old ranch house doesn't have a dishwasher and DH and I needed to put another coat of Linseed oil on the flatbed right after dinner so paper plates it is.

Thankfully there are leftovers because tomorrow's spring-cleaning-in-the-chicken-coop-day for me

3 comments:

Dotti in CT said...

I make it with out the pepperoni, keeps it vegetarian and if truly so, skip the cheese and add more veggies. Isn’t clever how they take pictures with babies with the months noted. Some use number balloons, my friends granddaughter used a slate and writes each date on it. Including first day of school, etc. so clever these younguns.

Theona said...

I love Sam's rotisserie chickens too! I've made my own chicken stock with the leftovers and it beats anything in a can.

Thanks for the recipe!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my--you do get around don't you--and are into lots of projects--good for you--I don't have a dishwasher either--probably only had one a couple times in rentals down though the years--but I don't mind washing dishes!!
hugs, di

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...