Friday, July 1, 2016

Dirt Road Walkabout

We don't have to walk our dogs out here, they get plenty of exercise just being ranch dogs, so I guess our dogs walk us. :)


If dogs can laugh, Skeet is doing just that:


I was happy to have a walking buddy again and Skeet and I took off on his maiden voyage the other day:


Standing water in the middle of the road makes everyone happy:


Some rain gauges had .5" and some had 1.3" and we are thankful for every drop:


It's good to slow down during the busy day and stop and smell the roses...or in this case, the thistles:


Anybody home?


Muddy paws equals happy puppy:


Wish I had this much energy. Hard to resist someone when they're this happy to see you!


The long road home:


I am ready to be home and I am not waiting for the pokey human to open this gate:


Me and my shadow:


Me and my shadow after - notice his tongue hanging out on his shadow:


It was the first of many adventures, but  we were both ready for a nap when we got home:


Did someone  say NAP?!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

It's always good to have a people walker around the farm, Karin. Skeet looks very sure of himself, calm, content, and confident. It's fun to see photos of your land. What a long dirt road you have!
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Tired Teacher said...

A fun post - Skeet is adorable and very photogenic.

allthingzsewn said...

He sure is a handsome pup. Love the second to the last picture. Glad you have a new walking partner.

Chantal said...

Lovely and peaceful post. Thank you for sharing your walk with Skeet with us. I know life on a farm is hard work but do you really know how lucky you are? I wish I could do that too. When we moved here, we were before last house on a dead end street with no houses on the other side of the road. Perfect place to raise the boys, with forest so close so they could enjoy and explore nature. Not any more. We are surrounded by houses on three front and more street were added to our street. I use to see one, two cars per day and now, it's like any village traffic I guess. Sigh. Enjoy what you have. Skeet is a wonderful puppy and yes, dirty paws = happy puppy. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh so very cute!! I bet he finds all sorts of interesting things for yoU!

WeedyMama said...

A black and white bundle of fun. Happy trails to both of you.

Love hearing about the "Skeet" adventures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...