Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Never-Ending Reindeer Project

I've been making these little rascals for over 20 years and each year I proclaim that I will no longer make them:

                             

Yet, here I am... once again... knee deep in yarn scraps and wiggly eyes...

Each year I am certain there cannot possibly be anyone who I haven't gifted one and each year I am proven wrong, although this year this herd is headed back with our girl. Ours girl's neighbors and co-workers will hopefully get a kick out of them. Honestly, if I've made a dozen for 24 years that's 288 reindeer. 😲

We missed our boy this Thanksgiving, but loved having our girl and her doggy duo for a few days:

                                     

This time I pilfered some of her photos. I love viewing her visits through her eyes:

                                   

In between moving cattle horseback, mineral runs, puppy trots, quail hunting, shooting and jerky-making, we were hard pressed to find time for a reindeer assembly session.


She laughed and said, "Most people just get to lay around over Thanksgiving." Poor kid's going to go back wore out, but her Daddy sure enjoyed her company

                           

Last night we had a 'Friends-giving' gathering with friends so I finished making pop-poms this morning, packed up the essential reindeer parts, and sent them with her as a build-a-reindeer project box.

                               

Perhaps it's time to pass on the tradition to the next generation. 😉

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Karin, you changed something behind the scenes and now I can see all of each of your posts in feedly. I love it! Thank you.
Your poor girl, but I know she had fun spending time with and helping her dad.
Your reindeer -- what good idea to send the parts as make-your-own kits. I'm sure your daughter's friends will them. They are so cute!

Sherrill said...

Bet your girl had way more fun go, go going rather than lounging around. Can't tell from photo and naturally can't get it to enlarge but are they just the reindeer heads or more. Not sure what the rest is around them but they look very cute!

Tired Teacher said...

LOL, I do remember you saying last year was the end of the reindeer. I'd say you've made a lasting tradition, but I'm willing to bet your daughter will begin her own herd building next year.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

You had a busy time with the girl child.....makes me feel like I was lazy, but sure enjoyed the quiet time we had this year. I remember seeing a reindeer post several years ago and thought they were cute. Guess it's time to start some simple gift projects. We have an extra week with Thanksgiving a week early to get ready for Christmas!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Reindeer making--a great tradition to pass on! I'm a pie for breakfast kind of girl!

Chris Jensen said...

Have you ever given instructions on making your reindeer? I would like ot know how

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...