Saturday, November 10, 2018

Snickerdoodle Apple Bread

We've been soaking up the prettiest Fall this year. The entire month of October has been absolutely beautiful and November is thus far, following suit. We've had a frosty morning or two, but have yet to have a good freeze. Around here, we're not known for fall color, but there is definitely a crispness in the air and the grass is curing out:


And with the cooler weather, I've been itching to bake. I'm sharing a new recipe today that I found online. With my abundance of apples, I've been navigating to apple-everything. I made this Snickerdoodle Apple Bread on Sunday morning and it didn't last long.


 I can't even blame it on the kids or company. There was just the two of us. Guilty as charged.

The original recipe can be found here: Snickerdoodle Apple Bread.

Snickerdoodle Apple Bread

1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C butter, room temperature
1 C light brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 C milk
2 chopped apples (I used Jonathon)

Topping:
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

The only thing I changed from the original recipe was to add an extra apple.More apple = more goodness.

*Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray. Whisk together salt, baking powder, and flour in small bowl. In medium sized bowl, beat butter, both sugars, and cinnamon. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth. Add in flour and milk alternating between both, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined. Stir in apples and pour into loaf pan.
Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon topping over batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

This really needs to cool before you cut into it. Good luck with that. :) It'll just slice cleaner. I love the crunchy topping:


This was added to my favorites file before the day was over. I'll be popping more loaves into the oven soon!

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, Karin, you know I gain weight whenever you have a post like this--and I can't even make the stuff. This looks so good. A crunchy topping? Yum!!

Tired Teacher said...

Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe.

Donna said...

That looks delicious! You should make that for the ranch hands!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Karin, you are such an enabler!!!! Hubby really appreciates you....LOL!!! I always tell him "you made me make it"!!

Mary Ann said...

I made Snickerdoodle Bread for a retreat I went this past August. The recipe I used did not call for apples but everyone liked the bread, me included!! survivor972002@midco.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...