Saturday, December 29, 2018

Finally - A Quilt Finish

Hold on to your hats. I've actually got a finished quilt to share today. It's been a while.

A few months ago our son mentioned that his girlfriend would really LOVE a quilt. It makes my heart happy that the kids enjoy and appreciate the quilts I make because I love making quilts for them. When they come to visit she often walks around admiring the ones I have out and it's always heartwarming to see everyone curled beneath them in the evenings. She loves turquoise and horses and when I stumbled upon this fabric, I knew it was the perfect fit.


I wanted something youthful and modern for the design and this pattern made the cut:

                                              

I chose a turquoise minky for the back and Jackie quilted this fun design across it with turquoise thread:

                             

I enjoyed stitching on the binding in the evenings and it finished at 53 x 67:

                                    

10 comments:

Dorian said...

Wow Karin, great quilt! Love the turqoise. I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

That is astounding!! Where can that pattern be bought? I love where anyone could highlight a special fabric and it be so graphic. WOW!

Violet said...

I am a die hard traditional pattern kind of gal, but this is gorgeous. Love the way it looks like arrows that meet to make almost a star pattern. And the colors are so pretty. Good job!

Shelly said...

It turned out fabulous! And Minky backing is always a good choice for a cuddling quilt.

momto1 said...

I love the combination of the fabric and pattern. It looks great!

Sandra said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the fabric and the turquoise color.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Perfect fabric!!! Love the designs on the horses.......so Southwest!! I bet she loves the quilt! Happy New Year, Friend!!!

Janet O. said...

Wonderful choices of fabrics and pattern, Karin! I'll bet she loves it (or has she not seen it yet?). The pattern has a nice place to feature a fabric, and the pinwheel-ish design gives it such visual interest.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wonderful quilt and given to someone who will cherish and appreciate the love and workmanship you put into making this gift

Nancy said...

Wow, what a great quilt, Karin! I'd say that fabric was perfect for you son's girlfriend. The quilt is interesting because of the variety of patterns one can see in it. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...