Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Snow Day Continued

I had too many photos from the snow this weekend to pile it all into one post so this is Snow Day: Part II:


Brought to you by Skeet:


Who's first order of business is to check in with the local feline supervisor


Our chicken yard was transformed:


Into an igloo!


The cats have taken up refuge


With the chickens:

And guineas


With 12 chickens and 6 guineas, the coop is full, but don't tell the cats because this is where I find them on a regular basis:


At least I think they're cats. Maybe they're just channeling their inner chicken. Better start laying eggs if they want to hang out in the nesting boxes.

Skeet secures the perimeter


Before taking time out for play


Rabbits beware


Hound dog at play



can you say HAPPY?

Skeet's got life figured out


No stress allowed


Life is good


Jump in with both feet

                               

or in this case, 4 feet


I could learn a lot from this hound dog

                                                 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a master photographer! I just loved every picture and wish Skeet belonged to me. He's so himself. And I loved all the photos of the animals especially the cats and how they figured out becoming warmer. I know most people love snow but not me but your photos make things tolerable as long as I don't live where it's happening and can just enjoy photos. I dream of hot summer sun and sweating myself.

Violet said...

LOVE those kitties! I want you to know how much I appreciate all the time and effort that goes into this blog. The photography, the writing, the posting and especially sharing your life and family with us. No politics. No bad-mouthing. No whining. Your sweet, Christian spirit comes shining through. Thank You.

Tired Teacher said...

Oh that Skeet - pure joy laying in the snow! The barn cats are clever. I hope there are vacant nesting boxes for the birds.

Sherrill said...

What a GREAT bunch of photos!! Skeet is just the cutest boy and always seems to be having fun! Those cats are hilarious taking over the nesting boxes..poor chickens!! I'm with anonymous above..bring on the warm (even hot) sunny days. Don't like being cold but you guys have to grin and bear it (or love it, whichever it is).

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

As the owner of Jack Russells, I do appreciate Skeet's exuberant life style!! Love the action photos you get of him cavorting in the snow. The kitties look really fluffy so it must be cold. Good people take care of their animals first!! Looking forward to more photos of finished quilts. Wishing you much happiness as we slide into the Christmas season!

Shelly said...

Oh, Skeet, you're such a happy pup! The cats in the nesting boxes are hilarious!

Janet O. said...

Such a fun post! So funny to see the kitties and chickens become housemates.
Love the happy hound in the snow!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am really glad Skeet knows his way around! ha ha!!

Kevin the Quilter said...

All of your animals! Furred and feathered! I have never seen chickens with fur though???? LOLOLOL Your photography is really wonderful!

Marti said...

Your photos make me miss snow! I grew up in the Texas panhandle where we had snow like that but where we live now, it is a rarity. Skeet looks like he is having a ball!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, the photo of the cats in the chicken boxes is too cute. I laugh and they look so serious! Lucky you to get that wonderful snow. We had an inch or so in November and that's been it. The past three days have been so grey we've had to put lights on in the house. I'm hoping for snow....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...