Thursday, July 9, 2020

In My Sewing Room

It's been an awfully long time since I've spent any time behind the sewing machine. I've missed it, but in all honesty, I missed DH and Skeet and just being together more so I didn't sew much while I was home. I went to work on Monday after I got back from Texas and stopped to pick up 2 quilts from Jackie and I've got another here at the house that needs binding first.

                             

I brought them all with me to Texas this time around. So that left me with the question of what to work on after bindings were made. I probably spent more time taking stock of half finished projects and sorting through piles than I should have, but it made me happy to do something that felt normal.

I just wanted to sew something for a few minutes...anything, so I stitched some of the rows together on this QOV that I had webbed before I left:


I attached bindings to the front of the three quilts. This is my oldest UFO:


I also cut some pieces for my ongoing EPP project. I had only planned on being at my Mom's for 4 or 5 days and hadn't taken it along. 4 or 5 turned into 37 and I wished I had had it:


Then I threw in this kit to cut out:


As well as these well-seasoned fat quarters that I plan to cut using this pattern:


Sewing took a back seat to spending time with DH, but it felt good to play in my sewing room again. 

8 comments:

Dorian said...

Hi Karin, glad you got some much needed play time in the sewing room. I hope your Mom is doing well. Take care.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great projects! I’m happy you’re stitching again.

kupton52 said...

I totally understand where you're coming from....sewing is wonderful---relaxing, satisfying and productive---but time with loved ones is all too short in the long run. Glad you found time for both. Blessings from West Virginia.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Karin, not sure the comment posted that I just wrote, but I'm thinking of you!! Laid down my iPad to chase a squirrel off the porch and came back to a blank comment! 😬😬

Deanna said...

Those "well seasoned" bees are darling! Can't wait to see what you make.

Janina said...

Hope things are going better with your Mom.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW good to hear that guy a little taste of normal before having to head back to Texas. Safe travels!

Violet said...

Will be praying that God directs you to the best place for your mom to be right now, that she has an uncomplicated recovery and that you are able to return home quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...