Thursday, July 2, 2020

Kicking off July

Wednesday dawned bright and early as it tends to here on the ranch and DH began it by pulling on his dentist hat. 

                               

He picked up this mama and her baby as DH noticed the mama was doing poorly. Once we had her tied down, I held her tongue while DH held a flashlight and pulled 3 of her teeth:

 

Then we headed to Chuckbox (one of the pastures) and built a ramp with rocks 


Skeet and I were the rock haulers:


DH poured Quikrete 


We built the ramp so the new babies can reach to drink when their mama's come in to water:


Skeet was an attentive supervisor:


DH burns the sacks 


Such a pretty morning


After that, we headed back to the house and I scooted into town. My list was long. Trips to town are always daunting for me, but I treated myself to a new pair of gloves and Skeet got some Bravecto and Carprovet (an anti-inflammatory). 


He goes so hard when he runs that he is often sore and gimpy. 


He has a partially torn ACL so DH is not taking him when he goes horseback, but keeping this little rascal from running is purt near impossible:


I made these stops in town:
1. Farm Store
2. Vet
3. Seed Store
4. Post Office
5. Bank
6. Quilt Shop (they are making a quilt label for me - advancing technology no longer allows me to use        the embroidery function on my sewing machine)
7. Culligan for water
8. Hair Cut (1st one since the 1st week in Dec)
9. Car Wash (probably wash the truck 3 times a year - we live on a dirt road - I don't worry about it            much)
10. Hobby Lobby (needed lots of thank you cards)
11. Marshall's (return)
12. Grocery Store
13. Sam's

Trips to town always wear me out, but DH knows this is the best way to end the day:


7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I haven’t seen an errand list that long in ages: I used to drive my Mom to town for parts and supplies. We had the trip planned down to the minute because she had to be back in time for evening milking.

Lindah said...

OH, my! Gone are the days when I could do a list even half that long.
But what a lovely way to end the day.

Sherrill said...

WOW!! That's a LOTTA STOPS! Guess that's what happens when you're gone so long. How's your mom doing? I'm thinking you need one of those harness things for carrying a baby on your chest. Just plop Skeet in and not so much running! HA

Dorian said...

I would of been worn out too Karin! That is a long list. Glad it's all done and taken care of now though. How's your Mom doing?

Donna said...

Looks like you are back to your busy life! I know you would rather be tired from being busy rather than tired from staying at the hospital all day! Hope your mom is still improving!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Just reading your list made me tired, Karin!! Praying for God's will in the healing of your mother. Jack Russell's don't understand NOT running and working full speed ahead!! Happy Fourth to you and your Cowboy!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Holee Buckets!!! that is quite a list!! I liked your end of the day... great way to relax

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...