Monday, September 14, 2020

HST Baby Quilt Finish

This little quilt started out because I wanted to use up this fabric that was in my stash.


 It was a $3.00 add on at some point in order to get free shipping and then I pulled coordinating fabrics from my stash and just stitched up HSTs. 


I was able to get 2 little quilts out of it but I'm still binding the 2nd one. I used up another bargain fabric from my stash for the backing and bound it with this dark pink:

Jackie quilted this cute design across it with pink thread:

Her quilting always brings a ho-hum top to life:

At 45" x 45", it's the perfect size for a sweet baby quilt:

Don't let my green yard fool you. We're struggling through a pretty tough drought right now, but DH watered the yard non-stop while I was away at my mom's this summer and I took up the sprinkler duty when I came home.

The yard's never looked this good and yes, weeds mingle with the grass, but I spend about 30 minutes each day pulling weeds and the jury's still out as to who's winning the weed war, but I've got a green yard and a finished quilt so I'm claiming victory


9 comments:

Dorian said...

What a fun, bright quilt Karin! Love the colors. Have a fantastic day.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very nice little quilt. It's always fun to make something that doesn't cost a lot. Happy stitching and I hope you get some rain.

Anonymous said...

Love the baby quilt! Even tho we live in Iowa our lawn is brown! The weeds take over!! Happy quilting!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you - using fabric that you bought!! ( instead of sometimes... like me, just putting in on a shelf!!) just teasing!! this is a great quilt! and I do love ( an covet) your bit o' green there!

Theona said...

I love the interest that tiny print adds to the quilt. It turned out lovely. :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the large pinwheels in those bright colors. Your add-on background fabric is perfect for this top!

Shelly said...

So cute! And that quilting design is perfect!

Margaret said...

You have a way with color!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute baby quilt and I really like the quilting design, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...