Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Progress on the Sewing Front

  I hear folks have been sewing up a storm since everyone's been staying closer to home this year, but I haven't found that I have any more time to sew now than I did before Covid appeared. In fact, I feel like I've been spinning my wheels when it comes to making progress on the quilting front, but last week I was able to spend a few afternoons in my sewing room and projects were moved forward:


The QOV I had been webbing back in May became a top, but it seems I don't have a photo of the whole top:


I was able to cut these fat quarters:


Make blocks and get this top pieced as well:


Probably 7 or 8 years ago, I popped into a quilt shop in Lubbock that was closing and this was one of the fabrics I bought. For $2.37, I bought what was left on the bolt which was 9 yards and it's finally finding it's place as a backing:


Then it took little time to cut and piece this little baby quilt top:


And since these are so quick, I made another:


Then I pieced a backing for a quilt top from a few years ago:


And that led me to pulling fabrics and making bindings for 4 quilts:


I also came to the realization that I've been making lots of baby girl quilts and I need to make some baby boy quilts to have on hand, but for now it feels good to just make a little progress.

Who knows when I'll get back into my sewing room, so I figured I had better make hay while the sun was shining. 😉

10 comments:

Dorian said...

Hi Karin! I'm glad you've got some quilting time in. Your projects are all looking good. Such pretty fabrics too! Have a wonderful day.

Janna and Mike said...

I would say you've been quite productive! Love them all!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am totally with you on the spinning of wheels! haha Love the quilts tops you made and so glad you got to get some stitching in!! So that gold/cheddar one... I love it the best today!!

Nancy A: SewingGranda@gmail.com said...

Looks like you have accomplished quite a lot.

Judy L. said...

You've accomplished quite a bit and they're all beautiful. Love that the on sale fabric has now been used.

momto1 said...

I love those quilts, and would love to see your favorite baby boy quilt pattern. I can tell you’re glad to be home!

Chantal said...

That's a lot of progress for just a "few" afternoon. Congratulations on getting these to the top stage. Enjoy! ;^)

Shelly said...

Wow! When you go, you really go! That's a LOT of progress!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You call that a LITTLE progress?!?! It looks like you got a LOT of sewing tasks done. Your new autumn quilt took my breath away. It is SEW gorgeous!!!

Janet O. said...

Such delightful creations coming from your sewing room. Looks like that piece of fabric for the backing could be from a Kansas Troubles line. I really like the quilt top.
And those baby quilts are adorable. You are getting so many things done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...