Tuesday, January 19, 2021

2021 Quilt List

 I usually post a somewhat abbreviated list of quilts I hope to complete in the coming year in January- it helps me focus on my goals. Never mind that those goals are subject to change on a whim - but there are no rules in quilting and in my book, inspiration ought to be spontaneous. However, this year I am expanding that list purely because I will use this post to refer back to in the coming months.  This really is just a list of unfinished projects. I think just one new project snuck it's way in. Don't judge. 😊

1. Urban Zoology : this one was on last year's list, but I did piece it into a top and it is at Jackie's


2. HST Chaos: this one needs to be pressed and taken to Jackie


3. Jellystone: this one needs to be pressed and I need to  piece the backing before I take it to Jackie


4. Biscuits & Gravy: I'm in the process of piecing this one that uses a couple of jellyrolls
5. Lincoln 16-Patch : the blocks are made and are ready to be stitched together

6. My Country Garden: Jackie has this one too

7. Quite Contrary: Just need to finish stitching on the binding

8. Gray Floral Spring Splash: I need a backing for this before I take it to Jackie

9. Black & Pink Floral Spring Splash: This one also needs a backing

10. Radiant: I need to piece the backing for this one before I hand it over to Jackie, but I don't want to overwhelm her - I pieced this HST top a couple of years ago - this is just a shot of part of it as I was laying it out


11. Modern Greek Cross - this is from last year's list, but I haven't even started it


12. Fun Flower Beads - a size variation of the Chandelier quilt pattern - pieced and waiting at Jackie's


13. Zimbabwe - Another ready for quilting 


14. This one is pieced too - and I need a backing for it


15. Scrap dance Waltz: Another one that has been waiting for a backing for 2 or 3 years


16. Plus a Nine-Patch: This is going to be the year of the backing - another awaiting a backing:


17.  Baby Sails: I need to piece and applique the boats for this one:


18. Desert Teepees: I started playing with this one, but set it aside over a year ago thinking the arrows were too large, but I'll pull the bin and see if I can do something with it


19.  Farm Stand: another shot of part of a top that needs a border and a backing:


20. Farmer's Market: I have everything for this backing - just need to piece it


21. A QOV that is pieced, but this is the only photo I have right now and it needs a border:


22. Bluebirds on Roses: Ready to hang out at Jackie's


23. Pinwheel Garden: Yep. You guessed it. In need of a backing:


24. Howdy: Last one! Whew!


Now, don't go thinking I whipped all these out last year - most of them have a little bit of age on them. 
I really didn't expect to end up with this many, but I'm just going to give myself some grace about it and tackle them one stitch at a time.

14 comments:

Anna said...

It looks like most of these just need a backing or a small bit of work on them and they can be sent to Jackie for quilting. Hopefully you can get this list done without any trouble.

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin. Thats all you can, is one stitch at a time, have fun doing it too. You have a lovely pile of quilts to work on this year.

Donna said...

Your list seems really doable since most just need backing; quilting and binding! Really pretty variety of quilts!

Deanna said...

What an exciting year. And you have reminded me how much I love chandelier quilts.

Sherrill said...

Good GRIEF, you have a lot just waiting for backs! I've got 4 WITH backs waiting til quilter gets her reno done so she can work on quilting again. I have a few more needed assembly and backs--we'll see how that goes.

Janet O. said...

Wow--Jackie could work exclusively for you this year and stay busy, if you happened to get all of these backings ready! LOL

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's QUITE the list!! SEW many wonderful projects. Since most of them are waiting for backing, as you finish those, it looks like Jackie is going to be one BUSY quilter this year!

Sally Langston Warren said...

So many pretty quilts in the pipeline, Karin! My hands down favorite is HST Chaos. I just love it. It looks like it would be fun to work on....and then fun to look at all the various scraps you used.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful collection of quilts.

Shelly said...

I AM impressed that all of them are much closer to done than all the quilts on my list! I think #2 is my favorite.

Margaret said...

Don’t pressure yourself. Remember, we do this for fun.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Very smart giving yourself some grace--if we all just learned and practiced

Nanette said...

I feel like I've been to a quilt-in-progress show! Thank you for sharing.

Marie said...

Just wondering what you will do with you pretty quilts when you get them done. Do you keep them or give them to family and friends? Just wondering. I have one quilt that I made on my bed, but the rest are in my kids homes or friends.

You have much more energy than I

Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...