Thursday, January 14, 2021

2020 Quilt Round Up

 I always like to look back on the year and round up all the finished quilts in one spot. Last year I finished 14 quilts. That sounds like a lot, but many of them were waiting at Jackie's and just needed binding so I really didn't make 14 quilts from start to finish. I think we can all agree that 2020 was an unprecedented year, but I really didn't spend any more time in my sewing room than usual either. I may go weeks and weeks without a stitch and then I find a day or two and treat myself to a good, long sewing session and in the end, it all adds up...one stitch at a time. 

So here's my 2020 parade of quilts with links to the accompanying post

1. Color Box Quilt - saving this one for a gift


2. Take Me Out to the Ballgame - this went to a dear friend's new grandson and our girl's childhood friend's first baby



3. VFW Donation Quilt - this one was donated to the VFW for a fundraiser



4. Amish Farm Baby Quilt - this one's stashed away for future grandchildren. 😉


5. Bloom Where You Are Planted Quilt - It's hard to beat a simple patchwork quilt - I'm always drawn to them and I'm keeping this one


6. Gender Neutral Baby Quilt - this one was given to a coworker couple of our girl's as they welcomed a sweet baby - they waited to find out the gender: it's a precious boy.


7. Stars and Bars QOV - I'm giving this one to a friend of my folks' who spoke at my mom's service. He's a veteran and I thought a QOV would be a nice way of thanking him for his service and friendship.


8. HST Baby Quilt - this one was a donation quilt


9. Jungle Baby Quilt - this one was going to be a donation quilt for a banquet fundraiser, but since those are not taking place right now, it has been added to my baby quilt stash.


10. The Bear Necessities  - another for the grandbaby stash. 😉


11. Diamond Dash - this is a donation quilt


12. Buckaroo Cross - I put this one back for a donation quilt as well. I think it'll make a good donation quilt for the WRCA Foundation - Working Ranch Cowboy Foundation 


13. HST Baby Quilt II - this one is a gift 


14. Southwestern Quilt - and this one is a wall hanging in one of the bedrooms


Now I'm off to cobble together a list of quilts I hope to tackle this year. Seems us quilters always have a long list of those!😉

14 comments:

Violet said...

I have been praying for your family and will continue to pray God's peace and comfort for you. You took such good care of your mom. I thoroughly enjoyed your quilt show! They are all beautiful but I think my favorite is the color box quilt. That almost looks like it could be made out of a charm pack.

Joy Van den top said...

Very nice! I’ve been sewed up a storm in 2020 also! My long armer bill ..... well the quilt shop laughs about me supporting them!! It’s a great hobby and produces warmth!

Nanette said...

Thank you so much for sharing your quilts this morning. I felt like I was a at quilt show in my jammies with coffee. You had a very productive year!

Sherrill said...

Ooo, I love the color box quilt! And of course the r/w/b VFW donation was a gorgeous finish. They're all great and you (as BUSY as you are) accomplished far more than me so a BIG thumbs up!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Hard to pick a favorite - they are all beautiful!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Very impressive--I am hoping to get 2-3 finished for this year. All are very beautiful and will be treasured by the lucky recipients

Twyla said...

Oh, I enjoyed the quilt show. Your color choices are so good.

Nancy said...

Wow,you are so prolific, Karin. Beautiful quilts. I love the Amish baby quilt and it's simple repetition of blue and lights. I also really like Bloom Where You're Planted. But then, of course, they're all wonderful.

Chantal said...

It was nice seeing your quilts again. You did so many still. Here's to more this year. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great bunch of quilts you finished last year!!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Loved the quilt show!! Feeding cowboys, working and getting in a bit of quilting! I’m impressed! Thinking about you and holding your family up in prayer.

Janet O. said...

Even if you just did the binding on a bunch of these this year, I still see this as a productive year--especially knowing everything else you have been doing.
I missed the post about your Mom passing because I was sitting hours every day with my Mom, whom we thought we were losing. My Dad passed four years ago--the same day as your Mom--and we thought Mom was going to go home to him that very day. But she rallied, to everyone's surprise.
You have been a devoted daughter, and your family has been very supportive. That is as it should be, but not everyone is so blessed. Your faith and dedication are evident in the way you cared for your Mom and the way you have handled her passing. Blessings to you!

Shelly said...

I love this idea of showing them all in one post, with links back to more details if you need them. It's fantastic to see them all together! And yes, I think we all have long lists -- I know I sure do.

Ranch wife said...

love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...