There was no pattern, but it was a HST challenge so I sketched it out and pulled fabrics from my stash, drawing from the pillows on the bed:
I chose 4" blocks and once I broke everything down, it turned out to be a 12 x 14 block setting. I worked everything out in EQ7 which I never use because I don't like sitting at the computer, but I fumbled through it and it helped me visualize the individual blocks:
I don't really make wall hangings, but I like the way this turned out.
When I started it, I had installed a rod across a wall to hang it, but since then I have painted the wall and I haven't put the rod back up. I now have a quilt ladder there so I'll have to reconfigure things, but I hadn't painted when I finished piecing it:
And yes, I know the 70's paneling needs to go, but we would need to sheet rock and that is NOT happening during this drought. You might be wondering what the drought has to do with sheet rock. Running a ranch during a multi-year drought means running it on a shoestring...make that half a shoe string so painting was the only option.
This little quilt finishes at 58" x 62"
I am trying to use things from my stash so this quilt gets a solid backing
with a brown sketch binding:
The southwestern pattern Jackie quilted across it gave it such great texture:
I took these photos back in October when we were still soaking in a green yard
OK, enough with the quilts - we're ready for supper
Celebrating a finished quilt with a nose bump