Saturday, January 9, 2021

Back in the Saddle

 Oh, my goodness - ya'll are absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for all of your incredibly kind comments and your prayers  - they mean the world to me - I am so touched that you take the time to stop and visit and leave your dear notes. Your words have brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing your stories, experiences and advice. My sincere condolences for those of you who have lost loved ones. I'm slowly working my way through your comments. I had a comment from one reader - who showed up as anonymous but signed her name - Susan - I'm sorry, I have no way of replying back to you - know that I have added you to my prayer list. If you wish to, please shoot me an email: Desertrancher@gmail.com. Despite the fact that our country is in chaos, you are all a beautiful example of the kind of folks that truly make this world a better place. Thank you for being kind.  

I am trying to find my footing again - and ranch life is keeping me busy. Thursday was a town day. I had a long list of errands to tend to as I hadn't been to town since December 2nd. We're weaning some calves and I had to cook for a crew on Friday. 

I spent 7 hours in town and still didn't get everything done, but that happens a lot and I just start a new list when I get home. One of these days I'll figure out that if I'd just go to town more often, I wouldn't have such long days when I DO go, but I'd rather do just about anything besides go to town. I always have to give myself a pep talk on town days and after being away from the ranch for so long, my hermit tendencies are fierce.

I dropped the crew off on the south side of the ranch Friday morning. We trailer out about 45 minutes from the house and reach the drop off point as the day dawns. It was such a pretty morning

                                                           

Just a small crew of 5 yesterday

                                   

Thankfully, I didn't have to fix them breakfast, but I did cook for DH - it was 21° and I wanted him to have a good, hot breakfast before he saddled up.

I gave myself some grace and just fixed a big old pot of taco soup with Fritos and cheese 



and I baked brownies to serve with ice cream for dessert.  I'll go in to work at the Sale Barn on Monday and then I'll have 2 more days to cook later in the week, but I finally got all of the Christmas decorations packed away and set the rest of the house in order and I'm hoping to slow things down a little this weekend. They're forecasting snow, so maybe I can sneak in a little sewing time. I've been wanting to make a laundry bag for dirty clothes on road trips for some time:

It's good to be back in the saddle for a little bit.


But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish strengthen, and settle you. 1 Peter 5:10

This is where my soul is restored:



8 comments:

Shelly said...

I hear you on the going to town thing. I have to pep talk myself into it every time. I would much prefer to just never ever have to leave home. Glad you're sort of getting back to normal. Still sending up prayers for you.

Sherrill said...

I just love your posts and the peace and happiness that is evidenced in your words. Just your love of being home, doing the normal everyday things are there in your writing. Would that everyone could have what you have. So beautiful. I bought the ingredients today for taco soup (as well as zuppa toscana which is made) so I'll have a freezer full of soup! We're supposed to get a little snow tomorrow (I hope it's just a teeny tiny bit as I don't like cold)!

Chantal said...

Wonderful post, Karin. Blessings. ;^)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Gods Word is always there for us and heals us. I know it feels good to be home again and have DH by your side. God bless you, Girl!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Restoration... you totally need it. Those photos are amazing! and your taco soup doesn't look half bad either ( grin)

The Joyful Quilter said...

That was a LONG day of errands!!!

Donna said...

Hope you get some sewing and Skeet time in!!!!

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, and what a beautiful set of photos for us today, thank you! I can fully understand having your cup being filled with that view :) One day at a time my friend, HUGS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...