Friday, July 8, 2022

Celebrating Wet

 Two weeks ago, Sunday afternoon, we sat and watched this

A few days earlier we had two 0.6" rains and on Monday morning we added another 2.7". 

                                               

This is the first moisture we've had since September and we are over the moon grateful for every drop


Seems like most folks fuss about rain, but it's such a necessity for farmers and ranchers and out here in the desert, it's part of our daily prayer. I know that too much rain can be as much of a problem as not enough, but in 35 years of ranching, I've never seen "too much".  Skeet says this is just right


This means we can stop feeding cows, but we've exchanged it for this


DH is spending hours a day spraying Mesquite and looking for Cockleburrs. Through the years, he's been so vigilant about the Cockleburrs that there shouldn't be too many. A few years back I earned the Cockleburr Queen title:

We walked many a mile each summer in an attempt to eradicate the invasive weed and I'm hoping it paid off and there will be less this year

But right now we're too excited about the blessing of dirt tank water!

5 comments:

Violet said...

I had to go look up Cockleburs...oh my goodness they look painful! We have sand spurs here in Florida and they are bad enough. My husband incurs my wrath when he brings them into the house for me to step on in my bare feet.

Carol in Texas said...

Here in central Texas we have been in the Extreme Drought band for months. I guess about the time you had your blessed rain, we got 1.5 inches night and day and the next day we got another inch!!!! It was amazing! You get to where you think it will never rain! There is not any in the forecast and July is rarely a good rain month for us, so we may be back in that sad category again before long. But oh we would welcome a string of rainy days!

Nancy said...

I'm so pleased for all your rain. When we have too much, I think of you and wish we could send it your way.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures really capture the joy of rain in a dry place! Living as I do in a much rainier place its a good reminder.

ceci

Lindah said...

Rain! Wonderful rain. I'm thanking the Lord for your blessing.
Linda
in dry NorCal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...