Saturday, July 16, 2022

The Week in Review

 My sewing machine has been at the local quilt shop for a cleaning for the past week so it's been a non-sewing week, but there's been plenty to keep me out of trouble. 6 a.m. every morning finds Skeet and me here

DH has 2 colts he's been working with and the next step has been time in the arena:

The mornings have been so pretty before the heat sets in

 and bringing cattle up and working the chute doubles as an arm workout

Skeet is very intense when there are cattle to be schooled 

It takes 2 hours and then it's 8 and I'm getting behind the mower or weed eater for a couple of hours

It's been too hot to be slaving over a hot stove so most meals are courtesy of the smoker or grill although this taco salad sure hit the spot

But when the wife over at North Camp had some medical issues, I made a batch of Buckaroo Bundles so they wouldn't have to worry about meals for a bit

Oliver and his littermates are living the life of Riley. Oliver looks huge here, but it's an optical illusion because he's still the runt, but I chuckled when I saw them relaxing in this plant stand. And no, I didn't set them in there - they're just at the stage where they are curious and climbing everything

Gardening is always hit or miss. 1 zucchini plant. 1 squash plant. 16 tomato plants. 😕


DH had a fundraiser shoot today so yesterday, after chores, I helped him blow the dust off of his shotgun


So no sewing, but finding some time to sort, pull, press and cut fabric for a future quilt


And as I was sorting, a few fabrics from different piles jumped out at me and are now destined to become a gingham quilt


Or two. 

That sewing machine better enjoy it's sabbatical, because it's got work to do when it comes back home! 😉

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

I'm thinkin' your weather's been as bad if not worse than ours. We're in an extreme drought and I can't remember the last time it rained. Tomorrow's supposed to be 107, then 108 and Wed. 107. WAY too many hundred degree days already. I had 2 yellow and 2 zucchini plants and didn't get anywhere near what you got and my tomatoes looked so good but then punked out. I started over with new plants, ripped out the squash (I have others of those going) and planted more cukes and beans. We'll see.....

RuthW in MD said...

Those kittens are just adorable! What a fun picture of them. I love the quilt colors. Skeet is on the job once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...