Monday, July 11, 2022

The Bag Lady Strikes Again

A dear friend had a birthday and knee replacement surgery last week and I wanted to send a care package. She loves pink so if it was pink, I included it 

and of course I wanted to mail it all in a cute bag. I have quite a few stashed, but nothing pink so I made a few:

I used the Lined Drawstring Bag pattern. I have definitely gotten my money's worth from this pattern. I'm betting I've made 100 of these bags through the years in all sizes (these are great for Christmas gifts!). So while I was at it, I made 2 more bags - this little patchwork cheater print made cute bags

I popped into our local quilt shop last week to look for a coordinating print for something else and picked up this fun wine print 

so wine bag making was added to the que


And while I was rifling through a pile of fabric, I came across some bag pieces I had cut out probably sometime last year so I finished those off 

I don't do much gifting anymore, and I still have a few left from earlier bag making marathons but it's surprising how often I reach for one of these and now I ought to have enough to last a little while:

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your friend will be thrilled with her pink bag gift. I've often thought I should make bags for Christmas gifts but I never remember to do it during the year then it's too late at Christmas, maybe sometime this year. Happy stitching!

RuthW in MD said...

That's 30 bags!!! Oh my, they are so pretty! Such a variety of fabric combinations.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You are the bag lady haha!!
those are all so great!!!

Anonymous said...

Inspired by this post I dug out the last 2 patchwork bags from about 10 I made at least 10 years ago and filled it with board books for a great nieces first birthday - I didn't have a pattern and the top is just open so not as nice as your example, but I feel good about moving one on. Now I need to keep the very last one in mind for the next occasion!

There are sure a lot of yellow wild flowers in your picture by the fence - as a result of your recent rain?

Ceci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...