Friday, October 28, 2022

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

 This is another recipe I've been making for over 20 years. I don't even remember where I got this one (probably Taste of Home), but it's one of DH's favorite desserts and I made it earlier this week and remembered to take pictures so that I could share it here. I'm no food photographer though so although the photos aren't great, you'll have to take my word that the dessert is worthy of applause. LOL. It's not fancy, but we rarely do fancy around here.

Graham crackers. Pudding. Cool Whip. Chocolate. By themselves, they are ordinary, but together, they are magic! Well, perhaps magic is a bit much, but it's a pretty yummy combination. 


Chocolate Eclair Dessert 

*This must be prepared 24 hours before serving.

1# Graham Crackers (you will need all 3 sleeves)

1 8 ox box of Instant French Vanilla Pudding

3 C milk

1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip

4 oz unsweetened chocolate

6 Tbsp butter

4 Tbsp milk

2 tsp vanilla

3 C powdered sugar

*Layer 1/3 of graham crackers on bottom of 9x13 pan. Beat together pudding mix and milk. Fold in Cool Whip.Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over graham crackers. Repeat layers, ending with graham crackers. In a small sauce pan, over low heat, blend together butter, unsweetened chocolate, milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Stir well until everything is incorporated. Spread over graham crackers. Refrigerate for 24 hours. 

                               

I really do enjoy cooking for family and friends and the crew, but I'm going to have to double my walks this week!

3 comments:

Carol P said...

I, too, love this recipe. Quick, easy, and really good. Enjoy your blog as so much reminds me of growing up on a dairy farm.

pbrenner said...

This sounds delicious and looks easy - perfect timing for our family get-togethers coming up soon! Thanks for sharing it with us :-)

Sally Langston Warren said...

I used your recipe last night….and it was loved by all! There are only four of us, so I am realizing it would be best to save this for when we have a large group gathering! It’s a lot of servings for four people, but we will enjoy every bit of it! Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...