Monday, October 31, 2022

Under the Needle: October

 It's been a busy month and for the most part, it's kept me out of the sewing room. At some point I did finish piecing all of these blocks that I've been working on since June. I am making the quilt bigger and made 110 blocks - these were so much fun to piece:

Now I'm working on trimming them all up:

I'm binding a quilt I started 2 years ago - this shot curtesy of early Sunday Morning Vibes:

And I finished this Posh Pumpkin Jelly Roll Quilt

A ranching friend of ours phoned DH a few weeks ago and asked if I'd make him a quilt or two so I'm in the early planning stages for that project. I'm actually thinking of using the 2x4 pattern and using this fat quarter pack of Sweetwater's Branded that I've been hoarding as a jumping off point:

I adore this collection and have been saving it to make a quilt for us, but it will be perfect for this friend. He requested a full/queen size and I was worried there wouldn't be enough leftover. This line is a few years old, but I found 1 last fat quarter pack on-line and ordered it. So now I can safely cut into this one without hyperventilating. 😂

5 comments:

Dotti in CT said...

That is a cute basket pattern.

smithcindyk said...

I really like the 2 by 4 pattern. Hope you make another so that will spur me to get started.

Sherrill said...

Fabric Shack has some of that fabric just in case! I really like that 2x4 pattern and started one myself after seeing yours (although I didn't have a jelly roll or a fat quarter bundle). I should quit looking at your blog! LOL

Anonymous said...

How flattering that friends call and request your quilts!!! I too am feeling like a 2X4 quilt should be in my future at some point, maybe after I finish some of the binding that needs to be done around here.

Ceci

Anonymous said...

What is the name of your basket pattern? I love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...