Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Fabric Mail

 Saturday evening I drug the ironing board out into the living room and pressed fat quarters.

There are 40 different prints in this collection and it took me a couple of days to get everything pressed. This is the Branded Collection that I'm using for our rancher friend who asked DH if I would make him a quilt. I just love these prints. It's a western collection, but it's subtle and understated. 

Previously I mentioned that I was loath to cut into this bundle because I had my heart set on making us a quilt from it, but I knew it was the perfect fabric for M's quilt. The other FQ bundle I ordered arrived on Friday. I laughed when I opened it up because there was an envelope with DH's name on it. I hadn't realized that I used the address with his name instead of mine when I placed the order. I read the note and then handed it to him saying, "You received a Thank You note"

He said, "For what"?

I grinned, "For placing a fabric order. And you got extra goodies"

He replied, "What'd I get?" I let him open the gifts wrapped in pretty tissue paper

Isn't that sweet? And now I can say I didn't order all this fabric. He did! I should have thought of that years ago! 😂

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing at your new strategy! It will be fun to see what Gary comes up with for his French General quilt!

ceci

Janna and Mike said...

Don't you just love the little gifts the mom and pop quilt stores include. The same is true of mom and pop knitting shops--I love getting squishy mail from them!

Carol in Texas said...

Wow! Who did you order from…..you got little squares of French General fabric! I think their fabrics are gorgeous!

I know you do not live extravagantly and neither do I. We are comfortably fixed, I hope! This economic phase we’re in gives us all doubts. But I have never felt able to order a fabric collection of fat quarters. I already have drawers full of fabric, so I don’t let myself spend that money. Of course, I do not turn out as many quilts as you do……your output amazes me. In fact I sort of put quilting on the back burner for the last year or so while I became enamored with crossstitch again. Now I’m pursuing both areas. I don’t mean to be criticizing anything you purchase….I guess I’m just envious!

I just realized today that I have not been getting your blog! I was thinking about using your brownie recipe which I love when it dawned on me that I had not seen your blog name in my list of emails. That has happened with several of my favorite bloggers. What’s up? Carol in Texas

Chantal said...

Bwahahaha! Thanks for the tip. I have to try that one now. ;^)

Sherrill said...

You are so generous to use a bundle of cherished fabric to make a quilt for your friend. I'm not sure I could do that. So funny your hubby got some unexpected goodies--bet he was thrilled! LOL

Anonymous said...

That’s a hoot!

Kathy C said...

LOL - I love this! I keep telling my DH that the packages are Christmas gifts ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...