Saturday, November 19, 2022

Hunting for Furniture

 We've been on the hunt for living room furniture for a while now. I love our couch and loveseat, but after 22 years, it's seen better days. I've hopped from town to town in search of something to no avail. Maybe I'm too picky, but I want something we'll love because we'll have it for 20+ years. We want leather. Good quality. Good support but comfy. And please, no console or cup holders! Apparently consoles are in high demand because that's about all there is, but our family likes to snuggle, and nap, and curl up with quilts and consoles just get in the way. We found one set, locally, that we liked, but the loveseat had a console and we could not order it without one. It's a deal breaker. 

So last week, I tried another town a few hours away

I got there before the store opened and popped into Walmart to pick something up that the store in town does not carry. Did not expect to leave with this, but I was simply charmed by these snowmen and the little gnomes made me smile. The wooly looking things clip onto the branches of a Christmas tree.

I am a 'no Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving' gal. I love Thanksgiving and just want to give it  my full attention. No judgement for those who believe otherwise and I'll admit that the Christmas spirit filled my heart the minute I stepped into the furniture store

This family owned store is the prettiest furniture store I've ever been in


DH could not come with me because he was tied up all day. Many of our ranch roads are practically impassable and DH had a fella out to look at and bid on the job so I made a solo excursion. I found some good possibilities, but although DH told me to just buy it, I don't like doing that without him putting his hands on it. And I want him to choose the leather or fabric for his recliner. The loveseat in the photo has a console, but they have one without it in the warehouse.

                            

We'll make a return trip after Thanksgiving - deer season started today and DH is out crawling through the pastures - it's a 5 day hunt and that takes us up to Wednesday. It just started snowing - the first flakes of the season! I think I hear my sewing machine calling.

 I drove into town yesterday to pick up groceries for Thanksgiving. I've been finalizing the menu and texted this to our girl - her reply made me chuckle. 


We love trying new recipes, but we'll save that for the other 364 days of the year. Around here, Thanksgiving is all about tradition and treasured memories which includes 1 more Thanksgiving with our comfy furniture and I for one am perfectly happy about that!

6 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ooo, that looks like a VERY comfy set!! I have a loveseat with the console which is OK with me as I have a few things stashed in there and never nap in the loveseat. But I never use the cup holders. I've gotten to where I now want anything that reclines to be power rather than manual. When I raise the foot rest, I like it to stay put, not wander. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the 'right' foods!! LOL

Anonymous said...

On the furniture hunt check out Flex Steel if you haven't already. We love ours.

Janna and Mike said...

We had a console couch in a motorhome we traveled in for years. Never again! Just like you said, you can't nap on a couch with a console! Motorhomes have one bedroom and when the husband is snoring, console couches do not make an alternative place to sleep!:) Love the set you are considering.

Anonymous said...

How lucky to find a furniture store that has things you like! We have been looking for the right comfortable chair for ages with no success (OK I'm picky....) and this store looks just right. Too bad its the other end of the country, eh?

Do we have your Swiss Vegetable Casserole? If its worth a riot, maybe we should?

ceci

Elle said...

I hear you on the furniture. We had a wonderful Natuzzi sectional for over 20 years. We went to order a replacement and the sales person talked us into "USA made, guaranteed leather" loveseats with consoles. "It will deliver in 4weeks instead of 6 months. HATE IT! No laying down...ever...at all :-( Oh and by the way, after just 5 years? The "leather" is cracking. This stuff is NOT leather lady. I'm so angry.....and the wasted money doesn't make me happy either. Her sales job was a great snow job. Good for you sticking to your guns on what you want.

Anonymous said...

We bought a Stickley leather sofa and chair with ottoman and it has lasted for 20 years so far. We use the sofa a lot but the chair not as much. More of a regular couch than a sectional tho. But I can definitely recommend it. Made in NY I think, originally anyways! Good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...