Saturday, December 31, 2022

Closing Out 2022

I thought I'd pop in here one more time before we close out the year. Seems as if I've done a lot of 'catch up' and 'hodge podge' posts this year because apparently I can't manage to find enough computer time to get things written down. 

I cooked all day on the 23rd - Loaded Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans, Butterhorns, Cranberry Sour Cream Pound Cake, Chocolate Pecan Caramels, and Gingerbread Cowboys. I added a ham and we packed it all up on the 24th and drove 2 hours to spend the day with my in-laws.

DH and I spent a quiet Christmas Day together feeding cows:


Christmas or not, cattle still need tending to so we made a 5 hour feed run together:


We had 14 water troughs delivered (which translates to 10 water troughs that need to be plumbed in - 4 are going to another ranch)


We had a fella come and pick up 2 retired ranch trucks and a flatbed


And we're finally getting some washed out/impassable ranch roads re-worked - this project will probably keep this equipment operator busy for a few months


Our girl and her fella drove in on the 26th - this is why I didn't want a console in our loveseat - LOL


Our girl was armed with clippers for a much needed haircut 


And she and I ran off for pedicures when we took DH into town to have the ranch truck rewired so he could add the feeder


A puzzle


And a fun Charcuterie Board were put together


Making memories around the table


Our girl has become a Sourdough aficionado and she gifted us a beautiful Chocolate Espresso and Cinnamon Raisin Loaf


That Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough may very well be the best bread ever baked in the history of the world

                                         

My sourdough has been sadly neglected in the fridge for a few months, but our girl was determined to revive it and revive it she did! I'll try to be a better Sourdough Steward from now on.

Lots of research ensued as Operation Wedding Plans were implemented:


We took them out to eat one evening to celebrate their engagement


And today we're celebrating a special Birthday! - Yes, he's a New Year's Eve Baby -


So incredibly grateful for life with this Birthday Boy! It's always 
 the best way to close out the year!


5 comments:

Joy in NW Iowa said...

Happy New Year!

Janna and Mike said...

I could see none of the photos today--): Don't know if it's a you or me issue!

Janna and Mike said...

Must have been my internet connection--I can see all those lovely photos now! Family is the best!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy New Year!!
and Happy Sourdough making!!
oh!! and Happy Wedding - super fun!!!

RuthW in MD said...

Congratulations on the engagement! Love to see your blue, blue skies...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...