Friday, April 14, 2023

A Binding Marathon

 I was in the middle of binding this quilt

When I picked this one up from Jackie

And I promised it, along with this quilt 

to a friend on Tuesday. I am a slow binder so I've been spending lots of extra time with needle in hand.

I also made the binding for the I Spy Quilt I made for our granddaughter - I dropped it off with Jackie when I picked up the Branded Quilt.

Lots of finishes on the horizon! One of these days I'll give machine binding a whirl, but I love binding by hand so let's hope my hands hold out because these are all good sized quilts. I have to slow down when I bind and I think this is God's way of making me do just that because there is so much going on around here these days. So glad he's in control!

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

If you enjoy binding by hand then do it! The plaid quilt is so pretty, is that ok to say about a man's quilt? Happy binding!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on improving my machine binding - so far it seems stiff and unsatisfactory, but it does mean that quilts get done vs hanging around waiting to be bound by hand. The solution is to get better at it, right? I'm trying.

Ceci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...