Monday, April 17, 2023

Green Chile Quiche

 I made this last month and served it with some fresh green beans for a light lunch

We both really liked it and the leftovers, with fresh fruit, made a wonderful breakfast the next morning. We liked it so much that I made it again when the kids came home a few weeks ago 


And I quickly made a new recipe card to add to my recipe book because it's a keeper! Here's the original recipe

                                                        Bacon and Green Chile Quiche

                                             

Bacon & Green Chile Quiche

8 strips cooked bacon, chopped

8 oz green chile, drained and chopped (I never measure - I just dump a bunch in there)

1 1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese, grated

1 1/2 C pepper jack cheese, grated

1/2 diced jalapeno

1 1/4 C 1/2 & 1/2

4 - 5 large eggs

crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 tsp black pepper

4 green onions, chopped

1 pie crust

*Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pie crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 400°. Sprinkle bacon, chilies, green onions, jalapeno, & cheeses over crust. Beat eggs, pepper, 1/2 & 1/2, crushed red pepper flakes in bowl and pour over crust. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is set. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes, Cut into wedges.

I only made a couple of changes from the original - I added crushed black pepper and red pepper flakes to the egg-1/2 & 1/2 mixture and omitted the Kosher salt - we thought it was too salty with it. I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of Monterrey Jack and I used more. I also used fresh New Mexico green chile and at least twice as much. 😉

                                

You can substitute a store-bought pie crust, but I just make my own. Now that I'm writing this to post, I'm getting a hankering to make it again

                                                

1 comment:

Robin said...

Looking forward to making this recipe. I love New Mexico chilies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...