Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Branded Quilt

 This will probably be the first in a series of Branded quilts because I love this collection from Sweetwater. I love that it's western, yet understated. Sometimes western can get kind of cheesy (not a criticism because I have lots of western fabrics and I love the quilts I've used them in, just not what a lot of folks living this lifestyle really want). This time they got it right.

I used it as a jumping off point and pulled lots of coordinating fabrics from my stash to make this quilt. This is a quilt I made on commission for a friend who requested a few. Guy quilts are hard unless they're sports- themed, but I think the plaid worked well for one quilt

And this is the second one

I didn't use a pattern - just a simple block design and added an hourglass block in alternating blocks

I had Jackie and Sandy use a simple stipple with stars design that I think is called Barbed Wire

I found this wide backing somewhere online and I was really pleased with the way it looked with the other fabrics. I bound it with a brown from my stash.


I added labels

I love the end result and I hope our dear friend will enjoy them both


At 10 x 11 blocks, it finishes at 87 x 96. I do not have a design wall so things just fall where they fall and then it's kind of a fun surprise when I throw them up on the side of the barn.


Made for a special friend who is a great hand and always made our cow works more fun!


And thankfully there is more fabric, because these were both hard to give away - good thing we like him so much! 😉

                                    

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These are great manly quilts, he'll love them! Happy stitching!

RuthW in MD said...

So understated, yet full of the colors of the great outdoors! I like the picture of the quilt next to the stump and wire.

Robin said...

Wonderful quilts!!! I love it when a line of fabric is just perfect for what I have in mind. So glad you had some leftover for you.

Sherrill said...

A lucky guy to get not one but TWO of your quilts!! No doubt in my mind he will LOVE them a lot!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are awesome quilts!! I especially like the *framed* one... With the hourglass and squares - great idea!!!
and of course I love your fabrics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...