Saturday, April 15, 2023

The Dangers of Cleaning

 I've been a bit unfocused lately and finely decided I ought to do something about the state of affairs in my sewing room. The room I sew in doubles as a guest room and that means I have a bed that attracts piles of fabric when I'm in project mode. I've been wanting to make another Americana quilt since I made this one for friends 

and the pile is precarious:

I need more project bins, but I am determined to make due with what I've got. I've got the Branded leftovers out because there is nowhere to stash them 

and I want to make one for us, possibly something along these lines - I think this is a Country Threads pattern called Dixie

And as I sort, one fabric touches another, catches my attention, and the wheels start turning

One

Two

Three

Four

And just like that, new projects crop up. I need to figure out a way to sort and clean with my eyes closed. 😉

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

And just like that I want to make a Dixie quilt too. It's contagious!

julieQ said...

OH yes. I am right there with you! Cleaning is an ominous job, creativity wise!! Lovely projects you have kitted!

Chantal said...

LOLLLL. Me too. If ever you discover how to clean with your eyes closed, please share. Or if you know how to turn off the creative juice in my brain while I do some cleaning that would help too, I think. Love the fabric pictures. They sure are inspiring. Enjoy! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh but what fun projects!! and now ( maybe) you are organized and inspired and raring to go?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...