Friday, December 15, 2023

Bramble Patch Baby Quilt

 I haven't finished a quilt since September, but I picked up  this baby quilt from Jackie in October and it's finally finished - this is my last finish for the year.

Last year I made this quilt for our girl's maid of honor who was expecting her first baby:

It's hard to get a good picture of a soft, pastel quilt during the day in New Mexico, but these prints are precious

Before putting the leftovers away, I set about making a second quilt. I chose 60° triangles. I've made a few triangle quilts before and although some of you may cringe, they are very easy to piece. The secret is starch. Lots of starch. I use a 60° ruler and then it's just a matter of piecing straight rows and trimming the edges. I think I cut my triangles at 5 1/2".

Sandy quilted this sweet design called Billowy

 and it finishes at 44" x 54"

I backed it with this soft peachy-pink Minky  that is a great match for the colors in this line and it shows the pretty quilting better

 I framed it with a scrappy binding 


This line included 2 panels that were a part of the FQ bundle and I'm generally not a fan of panels, but these are pretty cute and with the addition of a pieced patchwork border, I think these will make a couple of sweet quilts. I'm sorry about the fold lines:

 There are enough leftovers for at least one more quilt, but I'm waiting for inspiration so for the time being, they'll hibernate in their designated bin, but this soft quilt is finally finished and ready for gifting

3 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable baby quilts! The colors and fabric are so soft looking. I love making baby quilts since they are easier to get finished.

RuthW in MD said...

Those baby quilts are so sweet and pretty! Congratulations on having such lovely fabrics to work with.

ytsmom said...

I love starch too, the stiffer, the better! I use the blue bottle starch and use a 50/50 ratio.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...