Monday, December 11, 2023

Stacking Up S'mores

 Whenever I can find the time, I sneak into my sewing room and work on my S'mores blocks. 

                                          

When I began, I didn't have a certain size in mind. The original quilt takes 113 blocks, but that only makes a 57" x 57" quilt and I'm having so much fun making these that I blew past that long ago. Now, I'm looking at a quilt that finishes at 85" x 92" and takes 288 blocks. I found this page that shows other size options when the pattern was published. I'll link to that here . I sewed everything I had cut originally and dove back into my stash for more:

I also have this Old Dirt Road quilt on my list (with a name like that - I HAD to have it! - I bought it years ago) 

and I pilfered a couple strips from that kit because I think these dark fabrics will be a great addition to the S'mores quilt

Currently I have 183 blocks. I've been in the mood for mindless sewing and I just want to move fabric under the needle and watch blocks pile up without engaging my brain because my brain is tired and if that continues, I'll be making a much bigger quilt. LOL.


5 comments:

Fae said...

What size blocks are you making.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt! Enjoy your stitching!

Sherrill said...

All of your fabrics are so pretty! That's going to be stunning!!

cityquilter grace said...

looking good so far....recognize some of those prints for sure!

Anonymous said...

Any time you have extra baby pictures I'm sure they would be most welcome here.

Ceci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...