Saturday, December 23, 2023

Countdown to Christmas

Christmas will be low-key in the traditional sense this year. DH was on the road from the 5-9 and then again from the 14-21. I wanted to go with him, but needed to hold down the fort here. 


Then the very next morning we had to make a trip to Lubbock. Our attention has been focused elsewhere so I paired down Christmas. I did decorate in an attempt to make it feel like Christmas


I did put up a traditional tree, but last year, I saw this Horseshoe Tree at a craft fair in Artesia and I could not resist! 


And I asked family to chose a favorite treat in order to keep things simple. Jesus' Birthday Cake is a given






A family is coming today to buy a horse we are selling so I am off to the kitchen to fix dinner because feeding people is what I do. 😉Winter hasn't settled in yet here- in fact, we're still enjoying 50's and 60's for highs and I spent a couple of afternoons washing windows while DH was away. And believe it or not, I didn't sew a stitch while he was away...proof that my mind hasn't been running it's usual trajectory. LOL. 

But all is well and I'll back after Christmas - I'm working on getting a post together with finished quilts. Wishing ya'll a Blessed Christmas filled with all the things that bring you joy!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Love that horseshoe tree! We didn’t put up a tree this year but all the other Christmas decorations and it still feels Christmasy. Too much going on this year and it was best to simplify. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy those grand babies!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like the horseshoe tree, it's perfect for your family! Have a blessed Christmas!

Chantal said...

A blessed Christmas to you as well. ;^)

smithcindyk said...

Merry Christmas!
I saved the birthday cake recipe. Love that tradition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...