Friday, February 9, 2024

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

 The county is out blading our road this week and through the years it's become a tradition for them to receive a Ziploc bag of cookies. I share a lot of cookie recipes here because, well, I give a lot of cookies. And I realized I hadn't shared my plain old chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've made a lot of chocolate chip cookies through the years, but I've only had this particular recipe for about 5 years. My boss' step-mom brought these by the sale barn one Fall morning during the county fair and I knew, needed to add these to my cookie rotation. The original recipe calls for shortening, but I changed out half of the shortening for butter. I'm sure you could omit the shortening completely, but I think it gives these cookies their perfect texture. I also use dark chocolate chips and if you really want to put them over the top, you can sprinkle a little sea salt on top before baking. 


Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

7 Tbsp shortening

7 Tbsp  butter, softened

1/2 C sugar

1 C brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

2 1/4 C flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

8 oz chocolate chips

*Cream together shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in 2 eggs and beat well. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in dark chocolate chips. Bake for about 12 minutes at 350°.

This doesn't make a very big batch so doubling the recipe is recommended unless you only need 3 or 4 dozen cookies. Nothing beats a fresh, home-baked cookie, but I like to keep some stashed in the deep freeze for those cookie emergencies. 😉

2 comments:

Donna said...

Your cookies look delicious! My BIL wants carrot cake for the Super Bowl so I will be making your recipe Sprouts Carrot Cake for the party! It’s really the best carrot cake I’ve ever eaten!

cityquilter grace said...

i am a bona fide cookie person....i make my own frequently but there are several grocery store faves i enjoy...thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...