Thursday, February 29, 2024

Under the Needle: February

 These monthly stitching updates are rolling around awfully fast, but they kind of help keep me accountable and it's good to know I'm making progress...some months more than others and in between helping DH, my Monday (and occasional Saturdays for special sales) gig at the Sale Barn and cooking for extras, I managed to move some projects forward this month.

I finished binding my second blue-green quilt and posted about it here


I cut out, pieced, and made the binding for a quilt for our son and daughter-in-law and handed it off to Jackie and Sandy

The Gray Gingham Quilt has been pieced and I'm hoping to settle on a backing soon. I haven't found anything that clicked yet.

I made 256 red and white HSTs from the squares I received from the red fabric swap I participated in last month

And I'm patting myself on the back for getting them all trimmed!

I also made all the blocks (90) for the quilt I'm making for our son-in-law

These 2 gingham tops were pieced and in line to take to Jackie, but I needed to make binding. This pink Grunge from my stash was the perfect fit for both. I needed 11 strips and had just enough so binding was made.

And I'm currently binding this baby quilt.

Another month is in the books and I'm happy with the progress. We now break from our regularly scheduled program for...taxes. 😢

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Taxes, blah! You've made some lovely quilts this month, those crib quilts look cute, happy stitching!

Donna said...

You sure got a lot done this month especially being a busy rancher’s wife! Can’t wait to see your SIL quilt!

Janna and Mike said...

Tell me how you make HSTs and about that Bloc/Loc ruler if you would please. I have the little blue ruler that I use to mark my squares but I just don't feel I'm being very accurate.

Violet said...

Oh no...you said the "T" word! Always enjoy your posts.

cityquilter grace said...

very respectable progress for a short month...

ytsmom said...

Are you leaving the HST folded, and trimming with the Block Loc?

RuthW in MD said...

I wonder what will happen with those "Map" pieces....??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...