Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas From the End of the Dirt Road!

Just a quick note to wish all of y'all a very Merry Christmas! May your holiday be blessed with the beautiful gift of God's love as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Prayers for safe travels for everyone on the road and in the air. Sounds like many of you will be enjoying a white Christmas! Hope the good Lord send a little of that this way!

DD and I were pretty sick for a couple of days, but we've recovered and by God's hand, everything that needed to be done, is done. I didn't think we would get a Christmas Photo taken to include in the cards this year, but that too, finally, worked out. This one is a bit different, but I love it.

So as per, tradition, here's the final product along with the silly Christmas poem I keep getting requests for:



2008 Holiday Greetings from the End of the Dirt Road

Don’t blink – the year has come and gone;
Each year it only moves faster.
Didn’t I just write one of these -
Seems last week instantly morphed into last year.

Even so, we happily greet you this season,
With our update on family news.
The kids are still growing and we’re getting older,
With ranch life there’s no time to snooze.

We’re busy baking Christmas goodies that quickly disappear;
must hide them when they leave the range -
Too many eager hands always sneaking a taste -
some things never change!

Tyler is 18 and reaching 6’4;
his guitar never far from his side and it shows.
He just joined a band and plays day and night;
Where he got his talent –nobody knows!

Caitlin is 15 and taller than I
She’s still happiest on the back of a horse.
She’s starting young colts, still playing music
And writing cowboy poetry of course.

Both kids are still shooting alongside their Dad;
They can often be found at the range.
Its family time we all enjoy;
That’s one thing that will never change.

Gary still logs in lots of long hours;
Always working in 5th gear.
With prices sky high and fuel out of sight;
Ranching has been quite a challenge this year.

I’ve recently discovered a passion for quilting,
And can often be found with needle and thread.
Just completed my very first quilt,
But already have numerous others gathered in my head.

We are simply, abundantly blessed,
With family and friends we adore.
We’re happy and healthy and enjoy time together;
We couldn’t ask for anything more.

So that concludes my dirt road ramblings,
To friends both far and near.
We’re sending along prayers for a joyous Christmas;
May you be blessed in the coming New Year!

5 comments:

Khicks said...

I just love your blog. When I dream - my life is similar to yours. :)

Merry Christmas!
Kelly Hicks - BlessedMommy

cottonpicker said...

You ARE a poet...
and I didn't know it!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Paula said...

FANTASTIC! Love the picture, love the quilt, love the poem, love the blog, and am amazed at how I can have a love in my heart for someone I've never even met!

Blessings to you this Christmas!
P.

Countrygirl said...

Merry Christmas! Sending hopes of snow your way, we are getting lots of cold, wind and supposed to get 1 foot of snow on Christmas!
The picture is great!

Pat - Arkansas said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you and your family. I'm far behind in reading my favorite blogs.

Love the photo of the kids, and your poem is great.

Happy New Year to you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...