Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sopapilla Cheesecake


Oh my! We went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and dined on lots of wonderful, yummy things. This cheesecake was the best and she graciously sent us home with the little that was left. DH said it made the best breakfast the next morning! LOL! I have been so blessed by her friendship...and her recipes!

I visited with Ranch Wife this week to see what I could bring for our Cowboy Fellowship Christmas Service and I told her I had just discoved a great new dessert. She said she had one as well and it made me laugh when we both said "Sopapilla Cheesecake"! Just goes to show that great minds really do think alike! I know that this will be gracing our table during Spring Works - I'm pretty certain that the crew will give it a thumbs up!

Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 cans crescent rolls
2 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened - not low fat - go for the good stuff!
2 C sugar (divided)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C butter
ground cinnamon

*Roll one can crescent dough into bottom of greased 9x13 baking pan.
*Stretch dough and pinch seams together to form crust.
*Blend together cream cheese, 1 C sugar and 1 tsp vanilla
*Spread over dough - not too close to edge
* Stretch second can of crescent rolls over cream cheese layer to form top crust
*Melt butter and 1 C sugar and 1 tsp vanilla and pour over crust
*Sprinkle with cinnamon
*Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

This same friend once had a restaraunt in Houston and now has a catering business here. We're helping her with a couple of parties next week so it'll be fun to see what else she has up her sleeve! I love to cook so I'm really looking forward to this! Be sure and remind me of that when I come back here later this week and complain about how much my feet hurt! It'll be hard to keep up with S! Maybe some of her energy will rub off on me. I can hope, can't I?

Y'all enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmy, yummmy. I may just have to make this for the crew... that way they'll eat most of it, and I won't be tempted to eat the whole pan! :)

cottonpicker said...

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

Paula said...

YUMMMMM! I think I can make that and it might turn out okay!!!

Traci said...

That sounds awesome. I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL!! I made it for my family Christmas day and WOWIE ZOWIE was it good!! I halved the recipe since it was just the three of us and we ate half the 9" square pan!!! Thanks SO much for sharing!!! - amyhudson from SS

Traci said...

I made it too and it was absolutely delicious.

I'm ashamed to say that I linked to your post without asking permission.. I planned on getting back on here to ask but I completely forgot. I hope you don't mind?

Cathy said...

I'm going to make this for New Years. Sounds great and easy to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...