Saturday, May 26, 2018

Triangle Quilt Top

After much cutting...well, really just cranking the handle on the Go! cutter:


 lots of stitching:


endless pressing and copious amounts of starch:


My triangle quilt has been pieced:


It's 51" x 61" and I wish it were bigger. I have more fabric, but I got tired of sewing those little 4 1/2" triangles. I'm pretty happy with it. Most of the points match well:


A few, not so much


But I'm not un-stitching.

And now I'm at a crossroads as I'm not sure how to quilt it. My first inclination is to use straight line quilting. Jackie doesn't do straight line quilting, but she thinks that would suit it well. What do ya'll think? I don't really want to do a crosshatch...I think because I see that in a lot of big box store quilts, but maybe that's what it needs to secure all those seams.

Jackie has spoiled me. I don't want to quilt this, but I will.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

I love the triangle top, I thing wavy lines from left the right with an inch apart would look great.

Tired Teacher said...

Nice job! I'm glad to hear that others use starch as much as I do. I like to have FLAT seams and blocks.

Hmmm, I can't imagine this quilted with straight lines. I'd be tempted to have it done with a swirl panto or a geometric panto.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love the play of color throughout. Best of luck with the quilting!!

Shepherdess55 said...

Have you thought about adding borders until it reaches the size you'd like?

Pauline said...

Stunning! I love scrappy looking quilts! Fact is, I love to use my scraps to make quilts. Yours looks a lot more coordinated than mine. Looks like you're really enjoying your Go! cutter.

Michigan Gal said...

Pretty! I love the colors and the pattern. How about quilting intersecting triangles? I think you could catch multiple triangles that way and it would echo your blocks. I’d have to show you a picture of what I mean.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You got WAYYYY further on your triangle top than I did!! I love it - and the fabrics you used!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...