Friday, October 26, 2018

Western Rag Runner

With the daylight hours getting shorter, I finally finished my rag runner:

                 

This is a Sweetwater pattern that can be found here: Rag Runner

I don't like to sew in the evenings once DH comes in the house, but I will work on hand stitching projects if we are visiting after supper together and there is a lot of hand stitching on this one.

For this project, I pulled  about 25 of my favorite western prints from my stash and used 3 of each print. At 95" x 14" it's a whopper of a table runner, but it fits perfectly in my entry way - mudroom - laundry room.

                                                 

The funny thing is, the fringe in one of the things I loved about this project and I didn't add it to mine.


 It just doesn't fit this space - spurs and reins that are often deposited here would just get tangled up in it. I like things to look nice but practical trumps looks in my world - although that fringe sure would look cute against the hay. :)


6 comments:

Shirley said...

Just love how you added the “fringes” with the dark thread stitches, it’s a lovely table runner.

suz said...

that came out adorable!

Chris said...

Oh, I love this so much!! It's a happy project! :-)

M.E. Masterson said...

Cute Cute!!!

Rhonda said...

It’s very nice and would work as a table runner too.

Did you do all the big black stitches by hand? They are so even.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ITs perfect for you!! and the stitching looks so cool on it - I am with you practical is the way to go...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...