Monday, March 25, 2019

Gone to Texas

Last week I made a trip to spend some time with my mom. It was a good week and I enjoyed our time together. I tended to her taxes and helped her with things like cleaning out her greenhouse


and attic, and scrubbing the furniture and tile on the deck. I also worked on a wreath for her:


And it turned out even better than I thought it would:


She loves it too, which is all that really matters:


My mom lives over 500 miles from us and I sure do wish she lived closer, but I'm grateful it's not farther. It sure was green in Texas!



And the wildflowers

and Bluebonnets were at their peek!


I had forgotten that it was Bluebonnet season and I was delighted to be greeted by hills of blue:


Mom's neighbor has cultivated a beautiful garden that includes 4 different varieties of the beloved state flower:


It made me want to stop and inquire at every For Sale sign along the road as I drove through the hill country, but when I got back, I was glad to be back where the air was crisp and the sky was so blue it hurt your eyes and I reminded myself that the hill country in August was miserable unless you enjoyed living in a sauna.  Now if only we could add a bit of green to this arid desert, but I sure did miss DH and the ranch and it's good to be home:


10 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I'm sure your Mom appreciated all the things you did for her during your visit. The door wreath is beautiful as are all the wildflower photos.

Shelly said...

Glad you had a good visit. The wreath is beautiful! I'm sure your mom appreciates your help, and it's good that you can spend time together.

Caitlin said...

Your darling daughter wouldn't mind having one of those wreaths.... just FYI... ;)

Jennie in GA said...

Enjoy your mom while you can. I sure miss mine. As Dorothy says, there’s no place like home.

Janet O. said...

Wow--I do those kinds of things for my Mom, but I only have to travel 5 miles. You are a good daughter.
You made a really pretty wreath.

Rebecca in AK said...

Sounds like the visits I used to make to my Mom’s. Beautiful wreath! Thanks for sharing the wildflower photos, it will be awhile before we have any here.

Sherrill said...

MAN!! You just WORK HARD no matter where you are!! I know Mom enjoyed having her 'little girl' home if even for a short time and YES, the bluebonnets are so pretty now. I know DH was glad to have his girl back!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Whew I'm tired just reading about all the things you accomplished. Yes the Texas wildflowers are beautiful and yes their summers are long and HOT HOT HOT! I bet DH was glad to see you home

Janet O. said...

You are a good daughter. I do those things for my Mom, but she only lives 5 miles away.
I like the wreath you made, and the flowers on the hillsides are gorgeous.
Isn't it funny how we can get distracted by what we think we don't have, until we realize what we would have to give up to get it. :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh the blue bonnets are SO pretty! Glad you had a good trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...