Friday, March 29, 2019

Under the Needle: March

These monthly stitching posts seem to come around awfully fast! They kind of keep me accountable because some months it's a struggle to get into my sewing room and I don't want to show up here at the end of the month with nothing to share. I also need to sew in order to justify all this fabric lying around!

I put the last stitches on the binding of this little baby quilt at the beginning of the month:

                                    

And I made and stitched the binding onto Bonnie Hunter's Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt:


I'll post about it as soon as I can finagle a few quilt holders to assist in that...it may require cookie bribery. I also made the binding for this scrap quilt and got it stitched and gifted:

                              

That makes 3 finishes this month. I'm pretty sure that's a first for me. I managed to turn my Farmer's Market blocks into a top:


And in an effort to use up the rest of those FQ, I cut everything that remained into 5" squares and began making a few blocks for another quilt. I am using these as leader-enders:


I think I may be heading in this direction:


I am also itching to dig into this FQ bundle that I snagged for a good price a few weeks ago. I'm on a mission to find the perfect vintage inspired pattern for them, but they have yet to find their way under the needle:


And what kind of quilter would I be if I wasn't always starting something new?


6 comments:

Theona said...

Looking at what you're working on inspires me! I have to pick up my machine after its cleaning first though. :)

Jennie in GA said...

You have been really busy VeteransHomeLoans wife duties and quilting. I am amazed at all you get done.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Torn now between quilting and cleaning my flower beds. Soon, there will be the garden to start. Never ends does it? Love your finishes!

Janet O. said...

My goodness, look at you go!

Alder Hill Farm said...

Love talking about quilting, especially with a ranch wife quilter kind of like me but much younger.

Bridget said...

I had to let you know that I love: your recipe for biscuits (best ever!!!) and your farmer's market quilt. I have the charm square book and have a top half sewn in the very same pattern but it never occurred to me to use my fruit and veggies fabrics in that pattern. I love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...