Thursday, March 21, 2019

Rocking Horse Baby Quilt

After I made this baby quilt:


I knew I'd be making more using the pattern:

                                             Ritzy Bitsy Babies Quilt Pattern<BR>It's Sew Emma #ISE-108

So I pulled another fabric I have been hoarding for probably at least 6-8 years:

                         
I didn't have much of it, but this pattern allowed me to make good use of what I DID have

                               
And I turned it into this little quilt:

                                    

I love the way a favorite print is featured using this pattern. One of these days I'll make the pattern the way it is written, but it's such fun playing around with a design, letting the ideas, and fabric simmer together to create something new.

                                                        

Jackie quilted these fun stars and horseshoes across it

                                   

and I backed it with this brown Minkee and bound it with the gingham:

                                                
It finishes at 45x45 and I've stashed it in my quilt armoir because I'm keeping it. 😁


                                        

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

With all you have to do around the ranch I want to know how you turn out so many quilts. I wish I could follow you around and see how you manage it. :)
This pattern has so much potential for tweaking it to make it your own. Nice job on the second version of your own variation.

Donna said...

Cute baby quilt! The star and horseshoe quilt design is perfect!

Dorian said...

Darling little quilt Karin! Will make a wonderful baby blanket someday :)

Kristie said...

Sooooo CUTE!!!!
Kristie

momto1 said...

I love it! It’s so hard to figure out what to do with some prints, and I think you’ve found an excellent pattern to use.

Shelly said...

Cute! I can't believe you're turning out so many with all the other stuff you have going on!

Tired Teacher said...

It's adorable AND a keeper! I need to check out that pattern.

Violet said...

I do so enjoy your blog. Following you around the ranch, admiring all of your beautiful handiwork and just seeing how you live your life of faith without having to say a word. I love the way you used a larger piece of print in this quilt. I too have many prints that I don't want to cut up real small. And I have never used minky as a backing fabric but I would like to try after seeing how well it works here. I have already ordered this pattern. Thank you for all you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...