Sunday, March 3, 2019

Under the Needle: February

When life zips along and your feet are still in February and you realize it's March, you get a belated sewing report. When I settled in to tap out this post, I didn't think I'd accomplished much on the sewing front last month, but it all adds up and between road trips


and ranch life


 I was happy with my progress.

I finished this quilt and sent it on it's way:

                                          

And this quilt is now in it's new home as well:


The top was pieced so all I really did for it this month was piece the backing.
I am binding this baby quilt so a finish is just around the corner:


I made the rest of the blocks for our Adventures in Africa quilt and it is now a top:


I also made all the blocks for the quilt I'm making for the wife at North Camp who is dealing with cancer and pieced it into a top. I found a backing this past week while I was visiting our boy and I'll get it to Jackie tomorrow:


I pulled lots of blues from my stash and added a few new pieces for a quilt for our boy:


I have yet to settle on a pattern, but I'm narrowing it down.

I also pulled these Farmer's Market blocks back out and finished piecing them. I had stashed them away when everyone was here during Christmas. It's time to get these into a top:



4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Great projects! I purchased the Tail Feathers pattern after you shared a photo of your finished quilt. I've pulled the fabric and need to get busy cutting.

Janet O. said...

Yes, I'd say you had a productive month. And considering that it is a short month, that is even more impressive. :)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Busy lady...very productive. I'm sewing again now that I'm back from visiting both daughters out of state...two different states at that. You always make me want to head to my studio to sew. Now you need to provide inspiration for me to clean it!!! Hope spring brings rain to fill your tanks and is gentle on newborn calves.

Shelly said...

You DID do a lot! And it's all so wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...