Friday, May 17, 2019

A New Project

Last week I started a new project. I didn't NEED a new project. I have a long list of quilts I want to make and more project boxes than I am willing to admit to. And this project is not even on the list. Although technically, using my collection of jelly rolls is a goal. Why is it so hard to unroll a jelly roll? For me, I think it's just a case of finding the right project because when I saw this quilt

I grabbed this jelly roll


I searched for a pattern, but came up empty handed so I just did some figuring, cut those strips up, added a background fabric from my stash,


 and started making blocks


I didn't know how many I was going to make - I just figured I'd sew until I ran out of fabric so we'll see where that takes me, but for now, the stitching continues


3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is so cute! and yes - sometimes you need stuff that you don't know that you need!

Sherrill said...


There's no shame in admitting the start of a new project among friends!! We're all there with ya. Gonna be so cute!

Janet O. said...

Looks like it will be a very sweet quilt. Good use of a jelly roll.
I only have ever had about 4 or 5 jelly rolls. I have opened a couple of them, but was just pondering a day or two ago what I could make with another one I recently picked up on a MSQC Deal of The Day. Why do I even look at those? I don't need more fabric, but it is sooo tempting to "get a great deal." :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...