Saturday, May 25, 2019

Gingham Baby Quilts

For some reason, I've fallen hard for the simple gingham baby quilts I've seen lately and in the middle of binding one quilt and piecing another, I decided I needed to make one NOW.

I wanted to use this fabric:


and tried several other fabrics that I thought would coordinate. I tried every blue under the sun, but nothing really worked, so I settled on this:


Then, in the middle of another project, I remembered another fabric that has been lingering in my stash for many years so I pulled and cut

                               

and sewed and asked Jackie to work her magic on two of them


YES. And it just so happens I need a couple of sweet little quilts for a precious set of twins that have recently arrived and if I'm making 2, I might as well make 3 because I can't get enough gingham right now.                   

11 comments:

Dorian said...

Such pretty little quilts Karin!! I love that flower one, the pink really sets off the flowers.

Janet O. said...

So many pretty baby quilts--and I can't even seem to get one made--even when I plan to, like this past week.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

So sweet!! I'm sure the quilts will be much loved!!!

Jennie in GA said...

So sweet. You are amazing!! Don’t know how you get so much done.

Rita said...

These baby quilts are wonderful. If I can make one it will be like these. Thank you for showing them to us.

sandi s said...

They are adorable! Hugs,

ytsmom said...

Love, love, love these. I made the gingham block from Farm Girl Vintage, and it was so fun, can just imagine a whole quilt of gingham!

Sherrill said...

So sweet. And man do you crank em out! Whoa!

Tired Teacher said...

I ❤️ these adorable baby quilts!

momto1 said...

These are adorable. I’m crazy for that top floral. Do you know the name of that print?

Shelly said...

So cute! And they look really fast. This might be a good idea for some of our guild's comfort quilts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...