Friday, May 10, 2019

In the Branding Pen

It's taken a while, but I'm finally getting my 2nd batch of branding photos into a post. With 24 hours in each day, you would think I would accomplish more, but I never seem to get as much done as I think I ought to. And in the big scheme of things, my little posts aren't important, but I enjoy documenting the things that make up my days and sneaking out of the kitchen to spend some time behind my camera when branding season is at hand, is one of my favorite things:

                           

We sure do appreciate the help:


And I have yet to see a cowboy turn down the chance to throw a few loops


And drag a few to the fire:

                               
                         
                      
I know many of you have had more rain than you need, but around here, a little rain would sure be a blessing...it'd settle the dirt and grow grass for our livestock:


Sometimes branding and shipping season are about the only times we get to see friends and neighbors: 


The smell of branding smoke means that spring has arrived on our neck of the woods:


A good hand on a good horse:


Working up an appetite:


                               
The mamas didn't seem too concerned and were enjoying a short break from the their babies


But they were curious about my intentions


No worries girls - just enjoying my time behind the lens and capturing a bit of the action before I head back to dish up grub for the boys. Well maybe just one more shot:


3 comments:

Sherrill said...

You take some of the greatest pictures. So happy you share with us. I always kinda hate to see the branding as I think oooo, that must hurt!! Poor things. But I know it's done all the time. That picture of all the cows checking out the camera is really cute--those faces! And I think you accomplish a ton compared to lots of folks, me included! HA

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Thank you for sharing your life working cattle--praying rain comes your way soon.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think your blogging is very important!!! But with 24 hours in a day and 28 hours of stuff to do.... I get you!!! Enjoy your warm days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...