Friday, May 31, 2019

Gingham Baby Quilts Finished

I am completely smitten with these little baby quilts:


There is just something very simple and sweet and utterly charming about gingham:


I love it for binding and backing and it's even better as a quilt:


It just wouldn't be New Mexico if the wind wasn't blowing. We're praying that it'll blow in some rain. I know so many of ya'll have had more than enough wet weather and I continue to keep those in the path of flooding and tornadoes in my prayers, but out here, we're ready for a good soak.


These little quilts both measure 42 x 42 and I cut my squares 5", but you can cut them any size you like. Jackie quilted a pretty flower pantograph across the pink one - backed with a soft pink


And a sweet swirl across the teal quilt that I backed with a light teal


These are both headed to Missouri to welcome a sweet set of twin girls and I am digging through my stash for the next gingham quilt!


7 comments:

Dorian said...

Very nice Karin! So sweet and lovely. I pray you get some rain soon.

carol fun said...

Those are ADORABLE!! Perfect for a little one!

Tired Teacher said...

These quilts are adorable. I love how the print fabrics look like gingham checks from a distance.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh they are adorable!! And your photo spot is perfect!! Looks like a magazine!!

momto1 said...

These quilts are so precious. What a classic look. I know they’ll be loved.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Love the look of your quilts. What a treasure!

Michelle said...

I absolutely love these! Were the fabrics designed to go together or is that your own combination?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...